To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Organizes And Conducts Medically Prescribed Physical Therapy Programs In The Hospital To Restore Function And Prevent Disability Following Disease, Injury, Or Loss Of Body Part; Helps Patient Reach His/Her Maximum Performance And Assume A Place In Society While Learning To Live Within The Limits Of His/Her Capabilities.
- 1. Consistently Applies Therapeutic Principles And Practices.
- 2. Formulates Realistic And Appropriate Short And Long Term Goals.
- 3. Adapts Conventional Treatment Techniques To Meet Patient?S Needs.
- 4. Involves Patient/ Family In Program/ Treatment Decisions And Plans.
- 5. Terminates Treatment Appropriately And With Discharge Plans.
- 6. Shows Sensitivity To Cultural Backgrounds.
- 7. Maintains Timely And Accurate Documentation In Accordance With Department Policy.
- 8. Regularly Assess Needs For And Provides Patient/ Family With Educational Materials And Resources.
- 9. Actively Participates In Cqi/ Performance Improvement Initiatives; Including Inpatient Fim And Outpatient Lifeware.
- 10. Actively Participates In Departmental Student Program.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 13. Utilizes The Safest And Most Efficient Transfer Techniques To Ensure Proper Body Mechanics, Ease And Comfort Of Patients. This May Include Appropriate Use Of Lifts.
- 14. Aware Of Indications For Use Of Pulse Oximetry And Interprest Parameters As Ordered By M.D.
- 15. Ability To Identify Dme Needs Of Patients During Hospitalization And At Discharge. Facilitate Equipment Ordering In Cost-Efficient And Timely Manner. Provide Alternative Resources For Patients/ Families To Obtain Equipment By Referencing The Dme Cabinet.
- 16. Participates In The Continuum Of Care By Performing Home Evaluations And Participating In Home Care.
- 17. Successfully Meets Fim Certification. Completes Pps Information As Requested And Articulates Appropriate Information In Team/ Family Conferences.
- 18. Completes All Rehab Unit-Specific Paperwork Including Interdisciplinary Teaching Record, Team Sheets And Family Conference Sheets.
- 19. Demonstrates Understanding And Working Knowledge Of Rehab-Specific Equipment (Ie Parallel Bars, Standing Table, Tilt Table).
- 20. Maintains Productivity At Departmental Standard.
Bs Or Ms In Physical Therapy
Previous Hospital Experience Helpful.
By State Of Connecticut Division Of Medical Quality Assurance
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.