To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Director of Oncology Pharmacy, the Pharmacoeconomics / Health Economics specialist shall direct and organize programs that identify, measure, and compare the costs and consequences of drug therapy to the healthcare system. The use of pharmacoeconomics analysis will be used as a tool for developing strategies that include cost-minimization, cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness, and cost-utility and will compare competing treatment options that measure costs and patient outcomes. Pharmacoeconomics will be used for effective formulary management, individual patient treatment, medication policy determination, and resource allocation.
- 1. Design economic models and value propositions for the use of oncolytic medications for both inpatients, outpatients and infusion patients.
- 2. Generates cost-effectiveness, budget impact models, and other tools critical for advancing opportunities, achieving optimal contract positioning, pricing reimbursement, and insurance coverage as well as providing economic analysis with health care providers, insurers, patients and regulators.
- 3. Interpretation of pharmacoeconomic data for formulary, therapeutic decision making and therapeutic policy development. Position requires a basic understanding of the methods, assumptions and limitations of patient measures including quality of life (QOL) data.
- 4. Measurements of the effectiveness of different pharmaceutical agents and includes functions which involve assessment of the treated individual's quality of life.
- 5. Participates on the Oncology sub-committee of the Formulary Integration Committee (FIC) to provide economic analysis of chemotherapy agents, emerging oncolytic agents and treatment protocols.
- 6. Analyzes claims, billing data, product literature and multiple internal and external data sources to identify or strengthen cost-effectiveness.
- 7. Obtain appropriate source data inputs to design health economics analyses and models.
- 8. Utilize data from a range of sources to generate economic value messages.
- 9. Prepare presentations to support various internal and external stakeholders.
- 10. Support the development of the health economic strategy of the organization.
- 11. Design and develop health economic models, user interfaces and support materials for use in submissions to clinical customers.
- 12. Responsible for implementing the technical components of health economic studies including proposal development, analysis and interpretation.
- 13. Performs programming, statistical analyses and/or modeling and prepares required graphs, tables, and figures using the appropriate software tools.
- 14. Responsible for statistical and technical support to clients and other members in the team.
- 15. Provides regular reporting to oncology leadership , investigators, and staff regarding technical study aspects.
- 16. Accountable for the identification, measurement, and collection of data.
- 17. Advises the Director of Oncology Pharmacy on designing new processes.
- 18. Utilize process improvement tools and LEAN principles in designing and implementing new processes or process changes.
Graduate of a accredited college with a B.A. or B.S. degree. Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD. or Pharm D with training in health economics ) and/or completion of Fellowship in Health Economics preferred
Experience in a hospital or health economics setting with strong working knowledge of pharmacoecomomics or health economics relative to hospital setting.
Six Sigma or other quality improvement certification or training preferred. Strong project management and problem solving skills desired. Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to coordinate work between diverse groups are essential. Knowledge of automation technologies pertinent to medication use is strongly preferred.