To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Yale/Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) is a leading national outcomes research center dedicated to transforming healthcare for the betterment of people and society by leveraging data, analytics, and technology. We have assembled a talented, multidisciplinary group who are committed to developing solutions to the practical needs of medicine and healthcare. Our organization combines the highest academic ideals with a pragmatic approach that emphasizes the production of useful knowledge. We are distinguished by our creativity, dedication, experience, and skills - and our commitment to having our work make a tangible difference to patients, the public, and society. For additional information on CORE, please visit our website at www.medicine.yale.edu/core The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and successful implementation of multifaceted research and government/nongovernment contract and projects at CORE. Develops project management timelines, resource needs, standard procedures, protocols, training documents and quality control systems to ensure adherence to scientific methods/protocols, regulatory and contract requirements, and production of high quality deliverables on time to meet sponsor needs. Researches, analyzes and compiles information, composes high quality status reports, technical reports and publications. Effectively communicates and facilitates teams in a multidisciplinary matrixed environment. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and improve quality and efficiency of project operations.
- 1. Project Management: Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the project aims, methods and scope of work. Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards. Develops quality assurance procedures. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions. Leads internal teams/task forces. Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- 2. Regulatory Adherence: Ensures adherence to regulations established by sponsors including federal agencies (e.g. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, National Institutes of Health), Yale New Haven Hospital/Health, Yale University and other agencies. Ensures compliance with data use agreements, conflict of interest and invoicing/reporting requirements.
- 3. Writing and Analysis: Prepares (takes lead in drafting and finalizing) documents (progress reports, final deliverables) for sponsors and other agencies. Develops templates, procedures and training to ensure high quality, standardized project deliverables. Manages new proposal development and writes/edits substantive sections. Contribute to manuscript development including editing and proofing. Conducts research and analysis, summarizes results, compiles reports and presents to customer.
- 4. Client/Sponsor Management: Manages day-to-day client interaction. Sets and manages client expectations. Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- 5. Communication: Facilitates team and client meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with project team. Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news. Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- 6. Project Accounting: Tracks and reports team hours and other project expenses compared to budget. Analyzes results and provides status reports to leadership.
- 7. Leadership: Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with career interests. Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change. Manages the process of innovative change effectively. Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- 8. Teamwork: Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner. Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members. Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
Master's degree preferred, with a focus in public health, business administration or related healthcare field. Bachelor's degree required.
A minimum of 5 years of experience as project manager/coordinator of complex projects in healthcare research, health care quality or other related area.
Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate and work effectively with multidisciplinary teams on projects with a deliverable-driven timeline. Well-developed oral and written skills. Experience managing government contracts preferred. Preferred: Comprehensive knowledge of research methodology and protocols and survey methods. Comprehensive knowledge of policies pertaining to research studies involving human subjects.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING.
THERE ARE TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE.