To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the management, operations, fiscal control, strategic planning training, staffing development and support, disciplinary review, department policy review and approval, for the department of Material Services. Coordinates distribution of supplies, mailroom activities, patient equipment, materials administrative functions and all Materials off-shift activities. Monitors all Materials Services departments systems and services to direct and indirect patient care units to include SPD/OR, Interventional Radiology, Cath lab, and Ambulatory surgery center
- 1. The Manager of Materials Systems is the individual charged with overseeing the hospital's information technology MMIS system (lawson) for supply chain management and point of use system (Par Excellence, Qsight) and additionally for managing the 'just in time' (JIT) and back up inventories for all hospital departments which includes placing orders with distributors.
- 2. Develops plans and implements divisional and hospital business goals and objectives for the Department of Materials Services.
- 3. Maintains CTDPH, JCAHO and other regulatory standards in all responsible Greenwich areas.
- 4. Administers all department policies and procedures. Assures compliance with policies and procedures. Works to assure consistency of policy administration within the department and in conjunction of the department of Human Resources. Manages the YNHH performance review program as it pertains to Greenwich Materials Management staff. Reviews completed on time and per YNHH standard.
- 5. Completes projects, sets budgetary and operational goals and targets, meets goals and targets on an annual basis.
- 6. Reviews and recommends all salary and non-salary dollars for Department of Materials Services. Responsible for all hospital department non-salary expenses including Linens, mail and postage expenses.
- 7. Responsible for the consistency of scheduled and non-scheduled services and performance standards performed by and established for departmental staff.
- 8. Responds to all emergency situations on a 24/7 basis.
- 9. Develops plans and reviews performance of employee training programs, to include state and federal mandated programs. Attends hospital provided in-service training programs.
- 10. Serves as a member of Greenwich Hospital Products Review Committee, YNHH Conversion Team and Environmental Care Safety Rounds,
- 11. Manages staff, mentors subordinate leaders, and conducts performance reviews
- 12. Direct responsibility for managing the supply needs of Interventional Radiology and Cath Lab, SPD/Operating Room, off-site locations GI Lab & Helmsley Surgery Center and the Emergency Department including product conversions and backorder management
- 13. Responsible for facilitating, coordinating and conducting activities related to the product conversion process with materials staff, corporate supply chain, customers and other support departments to ensure a timely and seamless conversion. Conversion activity will be reported back to the hospital and corporate supply chain management in a prescribed format.
- 14. Responsible for managing all Par Excellence Supply Stations related issues; updating files including new adds and changes or removing obsolete items based on utilization needs of clinical units. Coordinates and assists effort between support departments within the organization and individual station reorganization as needed/requested. Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries are meeting customer requirements
- 15. Coordinates resolution of system compliance issues with nursing. Reclamation of patient charges working with Nurse managers, Patient Finance and Admitting. Insure the integrity of data exchanged with ADT and MMIS, using reports, quality monitoring and regular audits.
- 16. Setting up new nursing units and office locations as needed which includes creating templates, and/or handheld locations.
Bachelors degree required Equivalent work experience may be considered.
Five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably in within healthcare. Possess excellent leadership, time management , written and oral communication skills. Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Comprehensive understanding of advanced inventory an distribution methods, including traditional, stockless, JIT consignment, etc. Ability to engage and motivate a diverse workforce of defined goals. Demonstrates a high degree of Supervisory, organizational and strong time management skills.
Subject to many interruptions. Ability to multi-task and change course of action at a moments notice. Ability to lift boxes and equipment <40 lbs. Ability to move wheeled carts and equipment as necessary.