To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Testing On Blood, Body Fluids And Exudates To Provide Information Used In The Diagnosis Of Disease States. Is Able To Evaluate Laboratory Results With Regards To Accuracy And Appropriateness.
- 1. 1. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies.
- 2. 2. Operates All Department Equipment Safely And According To Manufacturer Guidelines. Performs
- 3. Preventative Maintenance And Troubleshoots Instrument Failures To Best Of Ability Alerting Proper Personnel
- 4. Of Equipment Problems.
- 5. 3. Follows All Department Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation.
- 6. 4. Takes Part In Inter And Intra-Department Qa Initiatives.
- 7. 5. Responds To Department Staffing Needs By Covering Extra Shifts When Necessary.
- 8. 6. Maintains Technical Competency And Seeks Clarification When Necessary
- 9. 7. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis Functions.
- 10. 8. Assists Supervisor In Maintaining Adequate Inventory Of Reagents And Supplies Necessary For Testing.
- 11. 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And
- 12. Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 13. 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 14. 1.Performs And Evaluates All Testing Procedures In The Chemistry And Special Chemistry Sections.
- 15. 2.Is Able To Prioritize Patient Testing During Times Of Peak Workload To Ensure The Timely Reporting Of Stat As Well As Routine Requests.
- 16. 3.Follows Laboratory Guidelines With Regards To The Reporting Of Panic Or Critical Patient Results And Follows Up With Ordering Physician, If Appropriate, Concerning Problem Patient Specimens.
- 17. 4.Collaborates With Co-Workers In The Department Regarding Workload And Problem Resolution To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Section.
- 18. 5.Aids The Central Processing Lab Assistants With Test Selection Questions And Resolving Problem Patient Specimens.
- 19. 6. Processes Time-Dependant Or Special Needs Reference Lab Specimens During Central Processing Off-Hours.
- 20. 7. Prepares Pending Logs, Follows Up On Overdue Testing And Effectively Communicates Problems To The Next Shift.
- 21. 8. Reports Significant Lab Results To The Connecticut State Dept Of Health In Accordance With Public Health Codes.
Bachelor's Degree In Medical Technology Or Equivalent Required.
Desirable But Not Necessary
American Society Of Clinical Pathologists Certification (Mt-Ascp) Preferred.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.