To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The e-Learning Specialist is responsible to propose, design and develop engaging e-learning solutions for identified initiatives aligning with Yale-New Haven Heatlh System goals, objectives and priorities. As guided by the Director of e-Learning, the Specialist partners with System stakeholders and subject matter experts to implement e-learning modalities grounded in sound educational design. The Specialist remains current with industry trends and advancements. The Specialist supports the Director of e-Learning in defining a vision and strategy for educational technology integration.
- 1. Provide technical advice & guidance to project sponsors at the start up stage of new e-learning projects and for existing modules needing revision. Advises on scope, feasibility and recommended options of how to deliver the technical aspects of the projects.
- 1.1 Develops instructional material, coordinates, writes and edits educational content, while incorporating current technology for educators developing specific curricula.
- 2. Using a range of technologies, work with content writers and educators to design and develop SCORM-compliant e-learning modules to host on the YNHHS Learning Management System (LMS).
- 3. Create testing plans and undertake functional and user interface testing for new e-learning modules.
- 4. Upload new/revised YNHHS 'self-authored' and third party developed e-learning modules onto LMS; testing compatibility to ensure presentation and tracking is as expected, and acting as the communication link with external content providers to resolve any issues which arise.
- 5. Provide advice and guidance to the Director of e-learning on latest developments in elearning technologies and how these could be used to enhance the quality of YNHHS's e-learning strategy.
- 6. Review curriculum to assess potential for on-line delivery and advise how the curriculum can be redesigned and/or enhanced using available learning technology.
- 7. Serve as liason with YNHHS ITS Web Services to ensure the IFE's web site reflects a dynamic and engaging learning resource for its' constituents.
- 8. Create electronic reference materials and job aides.
- 9. Applies adult and experiential learning principles to the instructional design process.
- 10. Functions on curriculum teams and independently in the design, development and testing of instructional materials.
Bachelors Degree - Master's preferred.
5+ years of demonstrated experience in e-Learning technologies and custom content development.
Strong knowledge of instructional design methodology, adult learning theory with application to web and multimedia applications. Proficiency in HTML coding or other web development programs. Strong judgement and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Strong interpersonal skill; can interact professionally with varied audiences, with ability to influence key stakeholders. Ability to manage projects from creation to deployment. Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills. Superior customer service skills.