To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The ROI Technician II performs a variety of duties to support the timely, accurate and compliant fulfillment of requests in both the Customer Service Center and Fulfillment Center. This position will provide support in either Data Entry, Fulfillment or Customer Service as assigned and this position may include coverage requirements on weekends and/or holidays on a rotation basis. In addition, the ROI Tech II may be requested to provide coverage at any of the designated customer service center locations as needed. The encumbant must maintain competency and understanding of applicable laws & regulations governing release of PHI, meet productivity and customer service standards, independently participate in daily workflows, prioritize requests, and troubleshoot routine issues.
- 1. Performs duties of Tech I on request.
- 2. Processes and fulfills medical information requests received through fax, phone, walk-in customer, or approved electronic means per HIM department procedure and all applicable state and federal regulations governing release of patient records.
- 3. Performs second level review of authorizations to ensure HIPPA compliance prior to fulfilling requests.
- 4. Tracks the status of each request through closure including capturing page count and media type in the applicable ROI system(s).
- 5. Ensures quality by verifying documents released to requestors are for the correct patient, include the requested dates of service and all copies and system printouts is legible.
- 6. Works in collaboration with team members to minimize turnaround time of requests based on established priorities and date of receipt.
- 7. Generates invoices for billable requests in compliance with YNHHS policy and department procedure.
- 8. Recalls hard copy medical records from off-site storage as needed to fulfill requests.
- 9. Interacts professionally with co-workers and staff from other depts. and vendors.
- 9.1 Demonstrates telephone courtesy.
- 10. Participates in continuing education to maintain knowledge of HIPAA regulations, Federal and CT statutes as pertains to releasing patient protected health information.
- 11. Consistently monitors Outlook email account and responds appropriately to emails from department leaders, co-workers, and other stakeholders.
- 12. Maintains competency in navigation of Prism, Epic, Quadramed, SCM, Centricity, Cerner, Meditech, and any other relevant legacy EMR system required to fulfill release of information duties.
- 13. Manages electronic work queue, operates desktop scanner, and produces documents in format specified by requestor (electronic or paper).
- 14. Attends mandatory team and HIM department staff meetings.
High school graduation or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred; formalized medical record technician training.
One (1) to two (2) years of health care related experience; electronic medical record navigation experience required or minimum one (1) year as ROI Tech I. Release of medical information experience preferred.
Knowledge of legal medical record forms and content. Adherence with ROI Policies and Procedures. Superior written communication skills. Strong computer skills. Experience navigating with Epic EMR preferred. Interacts professionally with co-workers and staff from other depts. and vendors. Demonstrates telephone courtesy.