To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Director, System Compliance Operations. Primary responsibilities include review and revisions to the YNHHS compliance and privacy program and other compliance work plan items as assigned. Assist and direct compliance and privacy investigations; review, revise and develop compliance and privacy policies; and improve and develop new compliance and privacy investigation and management processes, as needed. Works to develop strong relationships across the System with key departments. Works collaboratively with Office of Privacy and Corporate Compliance (OPCC) team members to achieve the annual work plan objectives. Assist department leaders with the development of the annual work plan by proposing projects and activities that support the department's growth and the changing needs. Provide compliance and privacy program education according to the annual education plan and as needed in response to investigations and identified risk areas. Prepare and present regular reports of compliance and privacy program activities, education, and work plan items to management, senior leadership and System Compliance Committee, as applicable.
- 1. Serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of the Systems Code of Conduct and Privacy and Corporate Compliance Program.
- 2. With guidance from the Director, System Compliance Operations, develop personal goals and objectives consistent with those of the Yale New Haven Health System and the Office of Privacy and Corporate Compliance.
- 3. Actively participates in departmental and team meetings.
- 4. Provides input to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the compliance and privacy program.
- 5. Serves as the Compliance and Privacy Officer for assigned delivery network.
- 6. Serves as OPCC Department liaison to an assigned service line for Yale New Haven Health System.
- 7. Receives, tracks, investigates and resolves compliance and privacy questions and concerns received through the compliance hotline, compliance and privacy email boxes, the OPCC main phone line, proactive system audit reports and other sources.
- 8. Routinely rounds on assigned delivery network to ensure open lines of communication, foster a culture of compliance, and perform HIPAA/privacy and information security walkthroughs.
- 9. Develops, coordinates, and provides appropriate compliance and privacy training to employees, under the guidance and direction of the VP, Corporate Compliance; Directors, System Compliance Operations, and/or the System Privacy Officer.
- 10. Coordinates with all levels of management to develop, implement, and maintain processes that integrate compliance and privacy into the daily operations of the organization.
- 11. Prepares written reports summarizing corporate compliance and privacy activities for review and approval of the VP, Corporate Compliance; Directors, System Compliance Operations, and/or the System Privacy Officer.
- 12. Leads and completes in a timely manner compliance work plan projects as assigned.
- 13. Supports, as needed, preparation for external audits and completion of internal risk assessments and audits.
- 14. Participates in the review and revision of assigned OPCC Compliance and Privacy Policies for submission to the VP, Corporate Compliance; Directors, System Compliance Operations, and/or the System Privacy Officer.
- 15. Assists System Compliance Officers in the development of an annual Work Plan and reporting performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the compliance and privacy program at YNHHS.
- 16. Participates in committees and task forces, representing the Office of Privacy and Corporate Compliance.
- 17. Prepares for and perform reviews, audits and risk assessments to determine level of compliance with program related regulations.
- 18. Works closely with staff to maintain open communications with the compliance and privacy program.
- 19. Interfaces directly with Delivery Network employees and serves as a resource for addressing concerns about compliance, privacy and ethical questions.
- 20. Maintain current awareness of compliance and privacy laws and industry developments pertaining to compliance and privacy
- 21. Participates in outside healthcare compliance organizations to stay abreast of corporate compliance developments and best practices within the industry.
Bachelor's required. Masters or clinical background preferred.
Knowledge of health care compliance and privacy programs and guidance.
Minimum four years of health care, compliance or other relevant experience.
Certifications in healthcare compliance and/or health care privacy compliance required within one year of hire.
Demonstrated leadership skills Attention to detail, effective report writing and presentation skills a must. Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Project management skills. Ability to research and interpret regulatory requirements and coordinate and monitor internal responses complaints, audits and investigations. Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills. Ability to prioritize and plan work independently. Ability to interact with all levels of management. Ability and skills to influence personnel through a matrix organization as opposed to line management authority.
Team player with high level of integrity and trust.
Required to travel to all DNs and physician offices throughout the system, as needed.