To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
SR Supply Chain Coordinator reporting to the HSC Director, Materials Management, is responsible for coordinating the day -to-day in person customer needs associated with the procurement of supplies, equipment and services and the management of product conversions and product disruptions including recalls and backorders. Responsible for coordinating the resources of the Corporate Supply Chain Management departments (Corporate Contracting, Procurement Operations, and Supply Chain Analytics) and determining which resources can best be applied to specific procurement requests and appropriately routes them. Specific responsibility to facilitate procurement and distribution of all products and services for departments, meeting budgetary and time frame requirements.
Responsible for collaborating with various levels of Hospital personnel to explore alternative supply chain strategies. Collaborates with Contracting as appropriate to negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors for the acquisition of various supplies and services for capital equipment and furnishings related to major site specific projects in accordance with Hospital and Health System policies and procedures. Assists Hospital leadership in budgeting and sourcing for major capital projects, focusing on standardization, stable pricing and adherence to Health System Procurement and Contracting policies. Promotes transactional transparency to increase standardization and product utilization across all hospital entities.
- 1. Assists in capital project negotiations and acquisition processes for each hospital. Assures the utilization of GPO and Health System contracts as appropriate. Accesses site specific budgeting systems and leverages the volume of YNHHS and hospital capital needs to obtain the greatest value for the Hospital in conjunction with the Health System Contracting and Procurement Department. Coordinates delivery, in-processing and installation where necessary.
- 2. The SR Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for facilitating, coordinating and conducting activities related to the product conversion process in all departments including the operating rooms and IR/Cath areas in conjunction with site specific managers and staff. Works and coordinates with materials staff, corporate supply chain, customers and other support departments to ensure a timely and seamless conversion. Conversion activity will be reported back to the hospital and corporate supply chain management in a prescribed format.
- 3. Responsible for assisting in the improvement of procurement metrics and for hospital customer service. Point person for hospital specific vendor access management. Point person for employee suggestion programs. Responsible to work with the Finance Department on specific hospital budgeting needs.
- 4. Responsible for coordinating the competitive bidding process, which includes contract negotiations and other agreed upon strategies and/or coordinating with Corporate Contracting and Procurement Operations. In conjunction with the Corporate Contracting Department this person may implement a site specific agreement using appropriate required contract language and compliance requirements in the contractual documentation in accordance with guidelines as established by the Corporate Contracting Department. Preparation of financial analysis, and implementation plan for any product or service. All of this is accomplished in direct support of YNHHS and hospital business plans.
- 5. Primary responsibility for reviewing and coordinating appropriate response to product disruptions including backorder and product recall notices and determining whether effected products are used by hospital. Shares information and coordinates all efforts with users to remove effected products for from all end user areas and to engage appropriate staff in the identification of suitable substitutes. Coordinates product return to vendor and insures that required documentation is completed as stated in FDA guidelines. Maintains file of all manufacturer product recall/field correction letters in the YNHHS SC shared drive. Functions as RASMAS Administrator at sites within area of responsibility.
- 6. Participates in System Products Committee activities. Acts as a resource for special projects and researches product information for various hospital departments that due to their nature fall outside of the centralized procurement processes. The main point of contact and ultimate responsibility for facilitating the implementation of new products and equipment approved through health system and hospital product committees.
- 7. SR Supply Chain Coordinator must be able to maintain a high tolerance for the changing environments and be able to incorporate those changes and ambiguities into the overall support of the hospital or the project at hand.
- 8. SR Supply Chain Coordinator facilitates the negotiation process individually with vendors or with a team of representative users to achieve the preferred financial results as well as the desired terms and conditions needed by YNHHS.
- 9. Works autonomously as appropriate, understanding the appropriate time for escalation within the Health System and hospitals.
- 10. Collaborates with other supply chain personnel and hospital users to accomplish goals.
- 11. Responsible for following all hospital and health system policies and procedures; specifically the competitive review of expenditures policy.
- 12. Responsible for supply chain savings targets, standardization initiatives and other Hospital business plan initiatives as agreed upon annually in the form of personal goals.
- 13. Follow all Corporate Compliance guidelines and Patient Confidentiality guidelines. Maintains the confidentiality of pricing among vendors and other outside parties.
- 14. Maintains skills and access to ERP system to provide specific support as appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field & CMRP Designation* Required. Advanced Degree Preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
Minimum of five to seven years experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably within healthcare. Experience collaborating with various levels of personnel to explore alternatives for the acquisition of various supplies and services such as Capital and Professional equipment, furnishings, projects, inventory and department supplies. Experience with contracts, agreements and negotiating with vendors.
Other important skills include computer literacy and organization time management. Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Strong time management & organization skills. Strong negotiation skills. Strong facilitation and coordination skills. Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word Power Point and a high level or expertise of Excel for analysis and presentation. Knowledge of the facility operations preferred.
AHRMM CMRP certification required or commit to successfully complete within one year of hire date.