To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible to review daily processes and procedures to determine effectiveness and accuracy of all payroll process output. Works with Payroll department staff and other departments to resolve issues to improve payroll effectiveness. Develops new procedures and participates in the planning and implementation of system improvements to enhance the operation functions of the department. This position works in conjunction with the Payroll Leadership Team to resolve any payroll and Kronos related issues in a way which results in an accurate resolution for a true and accurate payroll. This high level of responsibility means working with IT, HR, Benefits and Payroll team members, in a respectful and professional manner. This person must perform in a way that will guarantee every effort is made to satisfy the customer while continuing to build and develop partnerships with our clients, as observed by the Payroll Manager.
- 1. Analyzes data reports, develops statistical reports using Excel, Access and Microsoft Add-ins and uses the data to assess new trends and/or potential problems. Shares findings and concerns with Payroll Management Team and works to develop new strategies. Develops new reports as department needs change.
- 2. Develops new reports and process changes to improve Payroll and related processes. Interacts with members of the ITS, HRIS and HR to determine collaborative solutions.
- 3. Serves as back up for ERP testing and implementation of new pay and deduction codes.
- 4. Leads initiatives in the development and/or support of automated and manual systems; provides technical guidance in analytical tasks.
- 5. Evaluates requests for systems development and enhancement.
- 6. Conducts needs analysis study, including evaluation of current environment (user and computer) by observation, interview, and examination of existing systems documentation, manual, forms, etc.
- 7. Participates in discussions to define and document current and future business needs.
- 8. Designs interface, both automated and manual, between users systems.
- 9. Develops automated reporting tools to communicate meaningful financial data to finance leadership on a regular basis.
- 10. Monitors progress against plan and provides management reports as required.
- 11. Provides technical guidance and support to the payroll team to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- 12. Supports application implementation and maintenance including analysis, planning and preparation.
- 13. Demonstrates extraordinary ability to perform the technical skills of the job.
- 14. Designs, programs and tests conversions, interfaces, reports and other computer programs according to the departmental standards.
- 15. Analyzes needs and proposes solutions for application systems, including programs needed to convert data from the old to the new system.
- 16. Identifies and recommends changes in workflow, procedures, forms and/or data to make optimal use of application systems.
- 17. Provides software functionality, design, and build expertise and experience needed for successful implementation.
- 18. Assists in resolving major design issues and presents options for resolution.
- 19. Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
- 20. Informs management of all issues that are impacting or will impact payroll processing.
- 21. Identifies complex testing and scenarios, develops test scripts and validates testing results.
- 22. Acts as the team project lead in partnership with the Project Management Office on all phases of a project, from scoping and design through implementation and transition to Operations.
- 23. Works with Payroll team members in all locations to provide support and guidance on payroll issues. Work with members of other departments (e.g. HR, Benefits, ITS) to fully update and utilize automated processes that forward the department goal of true and accurate payroll.
- 24. When required works with accounting members to resolve any issues resulting from a payroll in which the person is the primary participant.
- 25. Serves as a subject matter expert for Kronos and Infor Systems.
- 26. Troubleshooting system problems in Infor and Kronos.
- 27. Assist ITS department with creation and maintenance of Infor and Kronos system interfaces with varies databases, via the use of the Workforce Integration Manager Tool.
- 28. Generation, Maintenance, and running of ad-hoc and pre-established payroll reports out of Infor using Microsoft Add-ins.
- 29. Serves as a subject matter expert for Kronos and Infor Payroll.
- 30. Develops and maintains payroll training materials for Kronos and Infor.
- 31. Supports data conversion and integration activities.
- 32. Standardize system, business processes and data elements and provide for seamless exchange from feeder systems and between lines of business.
- 33. Serves as back up for ERP testing and implementation of new pay and deduction codes.
- 34. Works closely with Payroll Processors to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing. Run and change query criteria to create ad-hoc reports as needed for reconciling and balancing payrolls.
- 35. Serves as backup to other department members as necessary.
- 36. Other duties as assigned.
4-year college degree in Computer Science or Business Administration.
Minimum of 2-3 years of related progressive experience. Experience with Infor or equivalent ERP system, Kronos, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, ADP and BSI.
Must possess excellent verbal, organizational and communications skills and must be able to work independently with minimal to no direction. Ability to effectively use Outlook, Word, Excel, Kronos and Infor. Must be able to communicate in a clear, appropriate, understandable and respectful manner to all customers at all levels. Participate in any payroll in-services and needed. Participates in any payroll in -services as needed. Participates in any payroll in-services and needed.