To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Office And Administrative Support To The Radiology Department And Ensures Efficient Office Operations. Checks-In And Processes Patients Through Department (Pre-Certification, Scheduling). Processes Departmental Reports And Requests. Provides Support For Technical Staff; And Customer Service Support To Internal And External Customers By Efficiently Performing A Wide Variety Of Tasks Including Utilizing Digital And Picture And Archive Communication System (Pacs) Technology.
- 1. Courteously & Professionally Processes Patients In And Out Of The Dept. Obtains Necessary Documentation For Insurance Authorization, And Pre-Certification. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Existing Insurance Requirements. Enters Orders In Meditech.
- 2. Accurately Schedules Patient Appointments And Coordinates All Necessary Follow Up For Patients Including Scheduling With Other Services. Ensures Correct Exam Information Is Entered For Each Patient. Enters Lab Orders For All Interventional Patients. Calls Patients With Lab Results When Requested. Registers And Orders Medication Doses For Nuclear Medicine Patients On Pet/Ct National Oncology Registry (Norp). Communicates With Md Offices.
- 3. Screens & Records All Incoming Calls To Ensure That All Staff Receive Accurate & Concise Information And Customers Report Satisfaction With Response. Able To Differentiate Urgent From Routine Calls And Follows Up Appropriately With Each. Minimizes Use Of Voice Mail By Answering Calls In A Timely Manner.
- 4. Ensures That Medical Records And Information Are Kept Secure And Confidential At All Times.
- 5. Sets Up, Organizes And Maintains Ongoing Systems, I.E., Files, Reports, Record Keeping Systems To Ensure Efficient Operations.
- 6. Performs Secretarial Support Functions As Assigned By The Manager Of Radiology Support, Such As Supply Ordering, Processing Of Requests, Maintaining And Updating Departmental Information.
- 7. Contributes To Meeting The Fluctuating Staffing Needs Of The Dept By Being Flexible In Own Assignments & Work Schedules When Required. Demonstrates Ability To Multi Task Throughout The Work Day
- 8. Maintains Computer Skills And Adapts Well To Upgrades In Meditech & Other Software.
- 9. Responds To Typing, Copying And Faxing Needs In An Efficient Manner.
- 10. Prints Daily Schedules And Matches With Scanned Physician Order. Enters Cpt Codes On Physician?S Orders.
- 11. Maintains A Clean & Healthy Environment For Staff & Patients Including Waiting Room, Reception Area & File Room.
- 12. Unloads And Reloads Multiviewer At Designated Time In Mammography Department.
- 13. Call For Outside Mammography Films.
- 14. Make Reminder Calls To Patients For Next Day Mammography Appointment. Calls And Preps Patients For Exams.
- 15. Screens Mri Patients. (Screens For Implants, Pacers, Metal Tattoos, And Breast Last Period.)
- 16. Access Reports And Other Patient Or Exam Data Via The Radiology Information System, Pacs, And Related Software Systems.
- 17. Reprints And Packages Hard Copy Of Images And/Or Cd?S Via Pacs And Kinetdx For Distribution And Delivery To Physician Offices And/Or To Patients, Utilizing Proper Quality Assurance Measures. Contact Patients For Film Pick-Up And/Or Deliver Films To Radiology Department For Pick-Up. Load Film Into 4500 Laser Printer As Needed.
- 18. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 19. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 20. Population Served
- 21. Newborn (Birth ? 1)
- 22. Pediatric (1 ? 12)
- 23. Adolescent (13 ? 18)
- 24. Adult (19 ? 64)
- 25. Geriatric (65yrs +)
- 26. All
- 27. Not Applicable
- 28. Qualifications/Requirements
High School Diploma Required. Medical Terminology Preferred.
One To Three (1-3) Years Experience In A Health Care Environment Preferred; Demonstrates Ability To Work Well With The Public And In A Fast Paced Environment; Familiarity With Meditech Preferred; Keyboarding Skills; Excellent Communication Skills; Previous Scheduling Experience Preferred.
Excellent Proven Communication Skills For Interactions With Radiologists, Patients, Employees, Physicians Offices And Management. Ability To Use Independent Judgment.