To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for coordinating clinical aspects of multi-organ transplantation as it applies to the transplant recipient. Assists in the development and growth of an individualized program for patients referred for possible transplantation. Responsibilities include coordination of the pre-transplant evaluation, registration and listing of potential transplant recipients, and post transplant care. As an integral member of an interdisciplinary team, coordinates and performs various other clinical, educational, administrative, and technical responsibilities related to clinical transplantation. .
- 1. Clinical Practice
- 1.1 Coordinates all recipient and potential donor aspects of transplantation including initial candidate referral, pre-transplant evaluation, candidate selection, wait listing, transplant admission, and post transplant follow-up care.
- 2. Patient Satisfaction and Service Excellence
- 2.1 Participates in the development of patient relations standards reflecting excellence consistent with hospital policy for internal/external customers in collaboration with YNHH and YNHTC leadership
- 3. Performance Improvement
- 3.1 Monitor clinical outcomes and system issues related to quality of care delivery to patients within YNHTC
- 4. Organizational Leadership
- 4.1 Interfaces with multiple hospital areas in coordinating patient education, psycho-social services and various other aspects of the transplant clinic experience.
- 5. Key Interfaces
BSN /or appropriate certification/licensure. Masters Degree is also desirable..
Two (2) to five (5) years clinical patient care in an area relevant to transplantation. Actual experience in organ transplantation is highly desirable and preferred
Registered Nurse or Physician's Assistant recommended
Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator (CCTC) recommended within 2 years of starting position
Highly developed clinical, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.