To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The position reports to the Manager of Financial Transactions and provides accounting, financial and system analysis, reporting and support duties for the Accounts Payable process. This position will be instrumental in supporting the AP department to its transition to the new ERP system, Lawson Cloud Suite Financials. This position will assist staff members with the new functionality, as well as assist in developing documentation and training for new AP staff. This person will also be responsible for several of the regularly scheduled AP functions, including check production and month-end closes. The qualified candidate will assist with regulatory reporting and compliance processes, especially in the production of 1099 reporting. A knowledge of IT systems and integration is essential to understand the external systems with which the ERP systems interfaces. He or she will work closely with IT support to test patches and software upgrades. The ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume AP department is essential, as well as the ability to adapt to the needs of software changes, regulatory requirements, and department staffing needs. Attention to detail is essential as well as the ability to interact with and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- 1. Implement process and controls to ensure accurate data capture for 1099 reporting. Work with the YNHHS outside vendor in updating and managing changes to 1099 reporting programs. Complete 1099's for all YNHHS companies including working with the selected 1099 modules and IT personnel to ensure timely, accurate and complete information is filed with the IRS. Understand and keep up to date on 1099 regulations and changes. Provide adjusted 1099's and on demand requests throughout the year.
- 2. Supports transformation to Lawson's Cloud Suite Financial (CSF) system. Understand all AP functions and be the role of Super User to support all AP department functions and assist staff in working with CSF.
- 3. Spearhead the conversion of large hospital vendors to electronic data information (EDI) exchange for A/P processing. This includes the processing of EDI 810's daily and the AP 540. Work with the other delivery networks on EDI process for standardization.
- 4. Work with IT to develop AP integration with external systems, including the check production system, decentralized check request model, PO processing with the chosen workflow automation system, and file transfers to outside systems. Assist in the design, testing, and implementation with attention to data integrity and controls.
- 5. Responsible for several companies' daily Accounts Payable check production, as well as backup for all companies' check runs. Ability to work with each entity's bank representatives and insure the check production and issuance of credit card payments run smoothly.
- 6. Collaboratively assist the CSF Financial team in testing, identifying, reporting, and verifying solutions for the AP CSF functions on an on-going basis.
- 7. Provide guidance to AP staff with ERP system issues and problems, including responsibility for all aspects of inventory control and related financial reporting for all companies.
- 8. Assist CSF training team in developing documentation for invoice processing, reporting, month-end close and check production.
- 9. Crosstrain and orient new employees in AP processes and best practices for invoice payment.
- 10. Run all AP month-end close processes for several companies and report filing, as well as reconciliation of AP to the general ledger and ensure adherence to internal controls. Serve as backup for month-end close for all companies.
- 11. Maintain and distribute the 'received not invoiced' report on a weekly schedule, and make recommendations on processes to limit the financial liability of 'RNI'.
- 12. Create a monthly dashboard to monitor resolution of issues and accomplishments of the department including invoice processing volumes and RNI. Suggest changes and help implement operational changes to improve overall department efficiency.
- 13. Assists with the YNHHS vendor master file maintenance and ensure compliance with all agreed upon procedures for file integrity.
- 14. Familiarity with X12 file formats to assist in implementing automated invoice processing of invoices and check and electronic payment processing.
- 15. Ability to integrate other health system acquisitions in YNHHS's ERP system, as well as the ability to support legacy systems as needed.
- 16. Assist in audits of all companies, as well as development of, and compliance with, AP's Enhanced Business Practice Documentation.
- 17. Support external auditors by providing required data extracts and other documentation.
- 18. Participates in and supports corporate customer relations policy and programs.
- 19. Works with other departments to provide A/P reports and other information as needed.
- 20. Performs other duties as identified by the Manager of Financial Transactions.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in office environment working with accounting records and accounts payable system
Lawson/Infor experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of the interrelationship between general ledger and accounts payable as structured in CSF.
Excellent computer and analytical skills. Experience with Lawson/Infor ERP system preferred. Critical thinking skills in order to research and problem solve independently. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills. Demonstrates integrity and ethics in dealings with others (e.g. employs honesty and trust; fulfills obligations/commitments, maintains presence and professionalism). Values and treats others with respect, fairness and courtesy; values the ideas of others and capitalizes upon individual differences to create a work environment that better represents the goals, standards, and objectives of the department.