To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works under the general direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor. Performs duties involving extensive cleaning and maintenance of all Hospital areas as assigned.
- 1. Works under the general direction of the accepts assignments and changes in schedule as necessary.
- 2. Assembles the required cleaning equipment and supplies needed for the assigned work. Prepares cleaning solution, and uses detergents, soap, germicides and other cleaning agents in accordance with established standard practice or instructions. Operates power-buffing equipment. Performs all aspects of floor care. Refinishes hard-surface flooring, shampoos carpeting and extracts carpeting. Operates power wall and ceiling washing equipment. Performs terminal isolation cleaning. Dusts, mops, vacuums, sweeps and performs other general cleaning and housekeeping duties including patient room and discharge cleaning as required. Washes and/or cleans walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, lighting fixtures, lavatories, plumbing fixtures, and patient areas. Trash removal including Municipal solid waste, cardboard, recyclables, and bio hazardous waste disposal.
- 3. Adheres to departmental quality standards
- 4. Cleans assigned areas in accordance with infection control procedures
- 5. Keeps supply stocked at proper levels.
- 6. Moves furniture and meeting room set ups as required
- 7. Reports all unsafe conditions or other questionable matters to supervision. Maintains work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- 8. Adheres to prescribed safety practices and procedures. Uses proper protection when working with chemicals, waste or infectious materials, i.e., protection, gloves, gowns. Demonstrates proper body mechanics when lifting or moving materials.
- 9. Performs duties with a minimum of interruption to patients, nurses and other personnel in the area. Courteous to all staff and patients. Responds in a timely manner to all requests. Displays good public relation skills when representing department.
High school diploma or equivalent. **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
Healthcare experience preferred
Knowledge of powered floor equipment, i.e., buffing machines.
Must be able to pull, push, lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $15.00/hr.
Maximum - $23.62/hr