To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works under the general supervision. Performs routine cleaning duties in all areas of the Hospital and affiliated quarters as assigned.
- 1. Works under the general direction, Accepts assignments and changes in schedule as necessary.
- 2. Cleans offices, patient rooms, nurses stations, examining rooms, solariums, lavatories, lounges, lecture halls, conference rooms, utility rooms and treatment centers. Cleans wheelchairs, scales, IV poles, portable commodes, sitz-baths and other patient care equipment. Mops, dusts, damp mops; cleans floors, furniture, beds, mirrors, blinds, shades, windows, air conditioners, screens, walls, sinks, toilets, showers, and other items and areas as directed in accordance with prescribed procedures. Adheres to departmental quality standards. Keeps supply stock at proper levels.
- 3. Replaces tissues, towels, soap and linens as required. Empties and washes receptacles and ash trays. Spot washes walls behind beds, tables, and equipment in patient treatment and examining rooms. Performs duties with a minimum of interruption to patients, nurses and other personnel in the area
- 4. Reports faulty equipment or materials, unsafe conditions, or any other questionable matters to proper supervision. Maintains work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- 5. Adheres to prescribed safety practices and procedures. Uses proper protection when working with chemicals, waste or infectious materials, i.e., protection, gloves, gowns. Familiar with proper methods of mixing and handling chemicals and proper labeling. Demonstrates proper body mechanics when lifting or moving materials.
High school diploma or equivalent **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
Experience in a health care setting preferred.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $15.00/hr.
Maximum - $23.62/hr