To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
*3 Position Available*
Performs a variety of patient care, clerical, and computer functions that support the patient care provider, physician and other staff demonstrating professional and timely service . This includes but is not limited to escorting the patient throughout the hospital and clinics utilizing a computerized patient transport system. Use of a computerized transport system enhances the timely delivery of the patient to and from their destination within established service standards. Responsible for maintaining all unit par levels of equipment and related type of supplies
- 1. Escorts/transports patients safely, professionally, courteously and in a timely manner throughout the hospital while meeting or exceeding established service and employee productivity standards. Follows standard operating protocols and procedures regarding unit and technologist notification, patient identification and proper equipment usage. Receives direction/assignment in a positive and professional manner.
- 2. Provides transfer assistance to nursing and patient care staff. Follows established SOP's with pre calling the floor to alert unit staff of upcoming transport, speaks directly to the nurse as necessary to ask for any additional critical information, When arriving to the floor, obtains, reads and fills the ticket to ride, obtains the patient's medical record, introduces themselves to the patient, checks the patient's ID with 2 patient identifiers. Utilizes the correct standard precautions as they apply to the patient condition. As observed, practices proper hand hygiene techniques. Uses proper body mechanics, lift devices, patient positioning techniques and equipment correctly while moving or transporting patients.
- 3. Properly uses and maintains equipment including routinely and consistently checking equipment for cleanliness and safety. Lowers stretchers and beds to lowest levels to ensure patient safety. Inspects and cleans equipment prior to each patient transport. Identifies and reports defective equipment to Lead to ensure patient safety and comfort. As assigned or independently, conducts equipment rounds collecting abandoned equipment to avoid clutter throughout the hospital. Maintains a clean and safe workplace environment
- 4. Understands and uses Patient tracking system to identify and mark all milestones events during the transport of each patient or material movement within the system. As necessary, appropriately and with discretion identifies any delays or conflicts within the patient tracking system. Works with care provider and Lead to avoid and resolve delays as quickly as possible bringing the patient to their destination in a timely manner ensuring patient satisfaction and optimum patient throughput.
- 5. Exhibits a professional, courteous and positive demeanor at all times to the patient, the staff, visitors and fellow hospital employees while honoring the privacy of others. Uses established scripts to greet, handoff and close with the patient to ensure a friendly, safe, caring experience. Adheres to both Hospital and department policies of conduct including but not limited to proper dress code, phone etiquette, attendance/punctuality, adhering to the posted lunch/break schedule. Keeps in contact with the lead for job assignment and is in the work area and available for work assignments during idle time. Displays ID badge at all times. Attends staff meetings and a minimum of two in-services/seminars throughout the year to enhance personal and professional growth.
A minimum of a high school graduate or GED.
A minimum of 1 year general experience in Customer Service (preferably Healthcare). Computer experience helpful. Patient care experience preferred.
Data entry, enhanced telephone service skills. Ability to work effectively and respectfully with patients, physicians, co-workers, and departmental personnel. Should exhibit strong verbal communication skills. Individual must have pleasant, professional demeanor with ability to work effectively in a high demand/high volume service department in a positive and courteous posture.
Ability to lift 40 lbs and utilize proper body mechanics in moving and lifting patients and files. Position requires extensive pushing, pulling, lifting and walking.