To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
greets patients, performs full registrations, schedules appointments and procedures, obtains prior authorization from insurance companies as needed- answers telephones, retrieves messages from voice mail, returns telephone calls to patients for appointments, carries out required compliance duties such as, but not limited, to MSP questionnaires at each visit, general consent forms every six months on all patients.
- 1. Greets patients and visitors in a cordial manner. Maintains customer standards as set by the Hospital and department.
- 1.1 1. Graciously and promptly acknowledges and receives patients, physicians and visitors to the department. 2. Always introduces oneself and uses patient's name 3. Is prompt, courteous and accurate in letting department members know of patient's presence in the department. 4. Escorts guests to appropriate area when necessary. Accurately and promptly orders HSR transport for patient when necessary. Calls for transport to outside facilities when necessary. 5. Monitors patient flow/waiting times. Notifies nurses when patients experience delays. Keeps patients informed when delays occur. 6. Maintains a high regard for patient confidentiality, modesty and privacy. 7. Maintains a professional appearance. 8. Helps ensure that the waiting area is kept neat and presentable.
- 2. Performs full-registration, initiates and completes patient visit information.
- 2.1 1. Collects necessary patient demographics and insurance information when completing the registration process. Updates financial screens on the hospital information system as necessary. 2. Promptly and efficiently accommodates walk-in patients by adding appointments, visits, and updating financial screens. 3. Photocopies, files and/or forwards necessary insurance and visit information in a timely manner. 4. Assists in making special arrangements for special needs patients, including those hearing and/or physically impaired and non-English speaking. 5. Obtains required authorized signatures. 6. Performs MSP questionnaires at each visit for patients with Medicare insurance being seen for a medical diagnosis 7. Has patient sign a general consent to treat, no less than every 6 months 8. When any insurance comes back as invalid, mixed, or ineligible, the insurance fields will all be checked and updated as needed
- 3. Schedules appointments - and coordinates department services for patients.
- 3.1 1. Accurately and promptly schedules patients per department standards. Maximizes scheduling opportunities, filling all available slots with patient appointments. 2. Verifies appointments by calling patients and giving reminder notice. (If IVR not working) 3. Adheres to confidentiality of patient records 4. Contacts & rebooks patients who have missed appointments or if patients visits have been bumped 5. Accurately creates or selects proper visit when scheduling exams and documents reason for patient visit within hospital computer system. 6. Ensures that if there is a wait list for visits, it is checked daily, and empty slots are filled.
- 4. Maintains patient medical records
- 4.1 1. Ensures that there is a medical record for every patient seen 2. Checks next day's scheduled appointments against medical records delivered by Outpatient Medical Records personnel and orders missing records 3. Puts together medical records for new patients 4. Obtains medical records promptly for unscheduled patients. May need to meet Medical Records personnel halfway. 5. Maintains Oral Surgery section of medical record including films and correspondence ((h&p, labs, ekg from PCP)
- 5. Receives, screens and relays telephone calls and messages
- 5.1 1. Answers phone by responding no later than the third ring, identifying self and department on each call, asking the Caller's permission before putting him/her on "hold" and otherwise being attentive and courteous to the caller. 2. Takes messages by recording appropriate information and promptly relays messages to appropriate personnel; messages are legible and accurate. Retrieves voice mail in a timely manner. Minimum once in the morning and once in the afternoon. 3. Is attentive, prompt, courteous, and accurate in providing information in a helpful and professional manner; responds to questions or needs in a cooperative manner 4. When needed, will obtain medical record number and date of last visit for prescription faxes. 5. Return calls left on voice mail by the end of the business day.
- 6. Uses Hospital information system, other equipment and supplies in the section. Performs other tasks as required.
- 6.1 1. Demonstrates proficiency and expertise when using the Hospital information systems. (to include but not limited to GE, Quadra-med, and Windent) 2. Performs routine maintenance procedures on and monitors the computers, printers and other equipment in the section. Brings any unusual computer or equipment related problems to the attention of the appropriate personnel. Uses Hospital computers only for the work-related functions for which they were intended. 3. Keeps work/desk area clean and well organized. 4. Demonstrates correct usage of FAX machine.
- 7. Demonstrates positive, professional attitude and cooperation in carrying out department objectives.
- 7.1 1. Demonstrates sensitivity in interpersonal relationships, avoids antagonisms, reduces conflict, and otherwise works effectively with others. 2. Demonstrates the ability to remain friendly and cooperative during all work conditions, especially during periods of high stress. Is adaptable to department needs (especially as patient volume fluctuates). 3. Carries out assigned tasks in a positive manner by organizing and prioritizing activities to ensure efficient completion within the expected time frame. 4. Takes the initiative to gather necessary information to follow-up and complete work assignments with minimal supervision. 17. Attends Reach sessions and demonstrates lessons learned in daily work
HS diploma or GED **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
One (1) to two (2) years medical clerical/secretarial experience is required in an ambulatory or physician office setting. Registration or billing experience in a healthcare setting required.
Knowledge of computers and typing skills, preferable experience with IDX software. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical insurance preferred. Excellent communication, telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment. Bi-lingual preferred. Competency in caring for patients treated at the Hospital regardless of age, disability, sexual preferences, gender, and ethnicity.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $15.25/hr.
Maximum - $26.46/hr