To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for providing staff with information regarding systems and operational processes within the individual areas and conducting other programs designed to improve the overall performance of the department. Ensures that staff is adequately prepared to perform job functions using a variety of interrelated computer systems. Acts as a subject matter expert in the Epic and ancillary systems and operational workflows they are responsible for training. Writes technical documentation for the systems and curriculum for implementations or new releases and serves as a resource for the system. Gathers and analyzes data from reports, tracks and trends data findings and provides training based on analysis results when appropriate. Performs quality assurance on accounts to ensure that procedures are adhered to and evaluates the effectiveness of the current system and operational practices. Works with staff and supervisors to develop new procedures and modify work flow.
- 1. Serves as a resource on the Epic system and provides all other related system (i.e. Experian, RightFax, Skype for Business, etc.) fundamentals for Registration and Account Management areas. Develops instructions, manuals and related written documentation for the system releases and modifications that include changes to operational policies and practices.
- 2. Participates in the implementation process of all new computer systems, new releases and any other system enhancements throughout the patient account departments. Provides supports to the staff throughout the training and conversion process.
- 3. Assists employees with operational aspects of their on-the-job training in their work environment, insuring that they can apply system knowledge to their job functions. Monitors staff activity to identify deficiencies and assess effectiveness of overall training effort.
- 4. Ensures that staff uses proper escalation procedures both internally and externally after exhausting all avenues for timely resolution of accounts. Provides feedback and instruction regarding clear and concise documentation of account activity.
- 5. Monitors employee competence on their ability to use the system to perform their job functions effectively. Provides feedback regarding the effectiveness of the staff to the management team. Works closely with supervisors and staff to address work flow issues and concerns.
- 6. Retrospectively analyzes accounts to ensure proper methodology has been used. Conducts operational audits of areas within the department to identify departures from policy and of other functional system problems. Makes recommendations for improvement to management.
- 7. Evaluates account level detail to identify trends or shifts in registration or billing practices that impact the quality of performance and makes recommendations to management team.
- 8. Supports the management staff in their efforts to enhance employee performance, streamline workflow and improve overall productivity. Produces formal training documentation and aids needed to conduct effective training sessions and for communicating changes to staff.
- 9. Acts as a mentor, coach and role model for leadership, procedural issues and customer service skills and actively promotes revenue cycle and patient financial experience initiatives.
- 10. Demonstrates ability to lead departmental process improvement projects and initiatives.
- 11. Performs all other duties as requested to maintain a smooth operation of the individual departments and contributes to overall group goals.
Bachelor's degree with major course work in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Analytics, Finance and/or Accounting or Education required or equivalent classroom training experience.
Three (3) years experience in a hospital/healthcare computerized accounts receivable environment with one year performing instructor led and other training methodologies to adult learners as well as preparing formal documentation. Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
Must be Epic Credentialed
Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, analytical, project management and communication skills. Excellent creative and conceptual thinking abilities. Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, One Note, Publisher). Must be a team player who can collaborate with colleagues and work independently when necessary. Ability to be flexible and take initiative. Strong technical writing skills and the ability to produce reports in a variety of formats. Classroom presentation skills necessary. Extensive knowledge of third party insurance carriers and their billing and reimbursement requirements. Ability to interpret guidelines established by health care industry and government agencies. Willing to engage in ongoing professional development.
Postion requires trainer to provide classroom and onsite training in various locations throughout Connecticut on a regular basis. Must be able to use own vehicle to travel to these locations.