To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under general direction, assists in the design and support of Clinical Imaging Systems including, but not limited, to the following clinical disciplines across Yale New Haven Health System: Radiology,Cardiology, Neurosciences, Breast Imaging, and Radiation Therapy. Serves as the primary resource for application issues, both in-house and in the local community. Responsible for facilitating all customer service needs relating to supported applications. Analyzes and resolves client user problems, develops training curriculum for all applications,evaluates security and workflow issues, and ensures the efficient operation of system process for clients.
- 1. Analyzes clinical department user functions and authors Computer Based training for clinical systems.
- 2. Facilitates Clinical systems courses, PC software courses and other application courses as required both on-site and off-site for House Staff, Attendings, Community Physicians and their staff.
- 3. Provides individual and group training sessions and provides coaching and remedial assistance to clients.
- 4. Acts as a resource and problem solver for clients on department and hospital PC software including but not limited to the RIS, PACS, Speech Recognition and other applications.
- 5. Provides on-site software support as needed.
- 6. Responsible for classroom PC maintenance and troubleshooting.
- 7. Develops courseware and reference materials for all supported applications. Conducts orientation and inservice programs.
- 8. Facilitate local and network software installation for training center applications.
- 9. Responsible for database maintenance, data entry, exam templates, modifications, etc.
- 10. Develops department-specific databases.
- 11. Maintains and broadens software and computer knowledge base to enhance clinical and support operations.
- 12. Evaluates and selects appropriate training materials.
- 13. Provides consulting services for slide presentations, databases, spreadsheets and documents for clients.
- 14. Participates in department project committees as required.
- 15. Responsible for the development and maintenance of Web pages.
- 16. Develops software and clinical skills assessments.
- 17. Contributes materials for and participates in department publications.
- 18. Maintains professional memberships and affiliations.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work related experiences required.
Three (3) years of experience in using a PC and understanding basic PC functionality. Previous training experience preferred. Radiology practice experience preferred. Microsoft Certification(s) preferred.
Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum for computer-based training programs. Working knowledge of word processing, electronic spreadsheets and database management software packages. Excellent communication skills with emphasis on presentation, listening and coaching skills. Must have excellent writing skills. Proficient in basic computer functionality. Must have ability to motivate and help clients feel comfortable about learning applications. Must have excellent customer service skills, along with ability to handle multiple projects at once.