To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Director, Oncology Services, the Cancer Center Coordinator supports the Physician Practice, Management Team and Clinical Staff to ensure effective Cancer Center operations.
- Sets up, organizes and maintains ongoing office related systems, i.e., tickler files, databases, spread sheets and graphics, record-keeping systems, and various billing and document corrections. Ensures efficient office operations and personnel information expectations.
- Initiates and maintains scheduling, calendars and travel itineraries for all providers and management team. Assists staff in other departments and/or communicates and coordinates activities in regard to completing schedules, projects and tasks.
- Organizes, maintains, retrieves and disseminates information in accordance with office procedures. Ensures outstanding issues and pending matters are brought to closure. Maintains familiarity with all administrative functions, including procurement practices, work order requests and scheduling. Assures proper procedures are followed for requisitions and departmental changes. Assists the Director in preparing budgetary documents.
- Answers routine inquiries and directs other inquiries and requests as appropriate. Routes incoming and outgoing correspondence as necessary.
- Assists in effectively organizing and documenting work flow of multiple area projects and tasks based on department practices and management requests. Assists with the preparation of employee schedules and assignments for approval by the Management team.
- Prepares original written correspondence and reports as directed by providers and management team.
- Assists with editing of Kronos time records and provides to leadership for approval and sign-offs.
- Responsible for all purchasing and receiving within the oncology program. Works closely with accounts payable to ensure timely execution of POs and defined invoices. Reviews par levels with stockroom and in collaboration with the nurse manager and clinical nurse educator verifies supplies are in line with safe patient delivery.
- Assists with the new hire orientation and onboarding process for department personnel.
- Maintains database for Oncology Dashboard working with the Administrative and Medical Director to obtain and verify metrics.
- Organizes and is responsible for all department related marketing events, including but not limited to catering, speakers and audiovisual, in collaboration with the Director of Public Relations at YSM and L+M.
- Maintains current licensure paperwork for all practicing providers at Smilow Waterford in collaboration with the Medical Staff offices. Ensures that documentation is current and complete.
- In collaboration with the Director of Oncology Services is responsible for the management of the reserve accounts, ensuring that donations and funding are in line with the expectations of the funds.
- Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Knowledge of medical terminology preferred, excellent computer and customer service skills required. Ability to proficiently use various software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mosaiq and EPIC