To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Interventional Psychiatric Services ECT Technician (IPS ECT Tech ) utilizes the process of planning, intervention while caring for our patients maintain confidentiality and dignity. The IPS ECT Tech assists clinicians in providing safe, effective evidence based care tailored to the individual needs of the patient and family. As a core member of the Interventional Psychiatry Services delivery team, the IPS ECT Tech will actively manages the airway during the ECT treatment. The IPS ECT Tech will perform a variety of other clinical activities in the assessment and support of the medical and psychiatric care team. The IPS ECT Tech serves as a resource to the other members of the patient care team and supports departmental and interdepartmental quality improvement efforts.
- 1. Functions efficiently, resourcefully and skillfully in providing airway management.
- 1 .1Assesses patient's airway status employing basic skills, which include reviewing the medical chart, patient interview and physical examination.
- 1 .2 Demonstrates proficiency and consistency with all assessment skills.
- 1 .3 Identifies patient using approved identifiers, employs standard and other precautions as required, and demonstrated HRO CHAMP behaviors.
- 1 .4 Consistently utilizes hospital supplies and equipment in a cost-efficient manner.
- 1 .5 Uses equipment carefully to minimize breakage or damage.
- 1 .6 Helps identify equipment supply related cost saving ideas.
- 2. Documentation and Written communication
- 2.1 Contributes to effective communication within the department through documentation of services administered, changes in patients clinical status, and therapeutic objectives
- 3. Consultation, Collaboration and Oral Communication
- 3 .1 Communicates clearly and appropriately with co-workers.
- 3 .2 Demonstrates a cooperative team spirit, effectively contributing to excellence of patient care. 3.3 Consistently reviews and utilizes YNHH email to keep informed of, meeting minutes, initiatives, department endeavors, announcements, and email communication from other YNHH staff.
- 4. Patient report information is appropriate and conveys current patient status
- 4 .1 Gives report and attentively and courteously accepts report in order to facilitate safe transition in handoffs.
- 4 .2 Accurately,completely and concisely conveys all relevant clinical information on patient's clinical course and status with report.
- 5. Self-Development, Professionalism and Leadership
- 5.1 Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competency through continuing education, professional growth, and development.
- 5.2 Keeps self-informed about current trends within the profession
- 5.3 Maintains six (6) AARC approved continuing education units per year or completes continuing education requirements of local Sponsor Hospital program
- 5.4 Requests in-services as appropriate to maintain competencies for equipment and procedures.
- 5.5 For RCP, maintains membership in AARC, NBRC or demonstrates other active participation
- 5.6 Demonstrates a positive attitude toward the department. Encourages and activates others toward excellence within the department and supports departmental and interdepartmental quality Improvement efforts.
- 5.7 Reports to unit on time and provides proper notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness.
- 5.8 Completes all mandatory training in a timely fashion and concerns.
- 5.10 Seeks assistance/supervision appropriately.
- 5.11 Accepts direction and feedback constructively.
- 6. Safety and Emergency Management: Responds appropriately to patient and hospital based emergency situations.
- 6 .1 Performs all assigned patient care procedures safely following the hospital's policies and procedures.
- 6 .2 Ensures patient and family confidentiality at all times.
- 6 .3 Summons assistance in emergency situations as outlined in the hospital's policies and procedures.
- 6.4 Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients.
- 6 .5 Consistently utilizes proper body mechanics.
- 6 .6 Consistently practices infection control and standard precautions techniques.
Graduation from an accredited program of Respiratory Care, current active license by the State of Connecticut as a Respiratory Care Practitioner. NBRC Registration required OR current CT State licensure as a paramedic and ACLS certification
Two (2) years of critical care experience preferred.
Respiratory Care Practitioner or Paramedic. Must be licensed in CT state
Demonstration of advanced operation and application of respiratory care equipment and airway management .Excellent oral and written communication, ability to communicate with patients, families, physicians, and other team members. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work under stressful conditions. Excellent interpersonal skills .Computer literacy
NBRC Registration required OR current CT State licensure as a paramedic and ACLS certification.
Demonstration of advanced operation and application of respiratory care equipment and airway management. Excellent oral and written communication, ability to communicate with patients, families, physicians, and other team members. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work under stressful conditions. Excellent interpersonal skills .Computer literacy