To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This role serves as the direct link between YNHH executive leadership, department heads, clinical leaders, managers and employees with a focus on the "off shifts". The role is responsible for providing administrative, clinical and operational management and oversight. As an essential member of the management team, leads the operations of a complex organization on the off shift collaborating with a variety of departments to achieve organizational strategic goals and objectives. Builds teams that ensure patient care is delivered in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization. All actions are driven by the values of integrity, patient-centeredness, respect, accountability, and compassion.
- 1. Quality/Safety: Core values in Human Resource interfaces
- 1.1 Rounds out the 24/7 employee experience serving as an employee liaison on the off shift employing clear, concise communication.
- 2. Quality/Safety: Core values in Clinical Safety
- 2.1 Relies on and applies clinical proficiency and positive organizational behaviors as a source of influence to guarantee consistently safe, highly reliable services to the patient.
- 3. Quality/Safety: Core values in positive Patient Experience
- 3.1 Globally aligns with department leaders to support strategies that create and sustain healing environments impacting the patient experience.
- 4. Organizational Leadership and Operations Liaison
- 4.1 Represents senior leadership as the on-site extension of the Administrator-on-Call (AOC) demonstrating leadership skills in all actions (i.e. problem solving; managing behaviors; motivating and developing staff and interconnecting key stakeholders in emergency management conditions.)
- 5. Fiscal Management
- 5.1 As the off shift liaisons shares and promotes the implementation of institutional financial decisions along with other members of the management team to ensure 24/7 results.
Relevant Masters degree required, i.e. MSN, MBA, MPh, MHA. Connecticut State RN Nursing license or other relevant clinical healthcare license. RN preferred.
Minimum of four years of healthcare practice experience in an academic medical center and two years demonstrated leadership/management experience in an acute care setting or a corresponding combination of education and experience.
Connecticut State RN Nursing license or other relevant clinical healthcare license.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated application of clinical care concepts, critical thinking and process improvement skills.
- Exceptional and acute prioritization and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of highly reliable organization (HRO) performance improvement behaviors and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, support and effectively monitor change required.
- Demonstrates proven results in translating best practice evidenced models into practice applications.
Exposure to bio-hazard blood and body fluids. Prolonged standing, walking, and lifting required.
Relevant Masters degree required. MSN, MHA. Ct State RN Nursing license or other relevant clinical healthcare license. Minimum of 4 years healthcare practice experience in academic medical center. 2 years demonstrating leadership/management experience in acute care setting.