To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Financial Planning, this position will be a critical strategic partner and primary financial liaison with various departments and function as the focal point for all financial administrative activities with a key focus including interaction with the BH Senior Leadership Team. This position will play a central role in ensuring that financial and operational goals are developed, monitored, measured and reported to BH as well as System key financial and operational stakeholders in a consistent, timely and informative manner, and be the central point of contact to respond to inquiries and ensure problem resolution. Responsibilities include the coordination of all business plan activities that directly affect all BH Campuses and related affiliates (BH campuses, Foundation, Properties, NEMG, etc.) as appropriate. Additionally, this position will control the financial site responsibility for the development of key financial projections. This position will be charged with the responsibility of being the primary liaison with the System-wide planning and budget teams to ensure the validity and accuracy of the operating, capital and cash flow budgets and projections as well as with the System Revenue Management team to ensure both the maximization of revenue and cash collections. In this capacity, this position will collaborate with multiple business partners in assessing and addressing financial and operational issues. Finally, this position will be key in assisting in the System based standardization of a data driven organizational culture which leverages both cost center and patient specific data (i.e. key daily metrics, salary reporting including volume information, value equation reporting, business plan monitoring, etc.) producing actionable data that in collaboration with operational and clinical partners, allows for the development and execution of the necessary corrective action plans. This actionable data responsibility will ensure integration of cost center and patient data that drives strategic planning to the monthly financial statements.
- 1. Responsible for working with the Vice President of Financial Planning and Senior Vice President of Finance BH to develop financial goals and objectives for BH campuses and related affiliates.
- 2. Provide direction with respect to the development, execution, and measurement of business plans and timeline designed to achieve established financial and operational goals.
- 3. Provides proactive, sound guidance regarding management of assets, resource utilization and emerging financial trends.
- 4. Lead BH participation and contribution to the System-wide strategic planning, forecasting and sensitivity analysis.
- 5. Monitor annual operating budgets, volumes, capital budgets and cash flow projections to ensure that the overall financial goals of the organization are met. Work closely with each respective business and financial area to ensure smooth processes and effective communications.
- 6. Act as primary liaison with System budget, revenue integrity, accounting, tax, treasury, managed care, governmental reimbursement, billing, revenue cycle, financial planning, etc. to ensure reporting and collaboration in each area is accomplished. This requires a broad based financial, planning and operational skill set, interest and navigation capabilities.
- 7. Collaborate with BH clinical and operations leadership and finance counterparts to manage strategic plans, analysis and resolve any operational and financial issues that develop across all BH campuses. Assist in project coordination and facilitate aspects of implementation that overlap within finance.
- 8. Serve as a catalyst for the coordination, development and implementation of all financial business plans working with the appropriate respective clinical and business partners throughout the organization.
- 9. Possess the ability to create a collaborative relationship with financial counterparts that will provide an effective means to ensure the completion of all joint business plans and the monitoring of all contracts between BH and related affiliates.
- 10. Provide ongoing monitoring of Treasury functions as they relate to and impact BH campuses including cash metrics, investments, long term debt, lease obligations, etc.
- 11. Provide oversight of physician work plans, analyses, and collaborate to resolve any operational and financial issues while fostering the relationship with YSM, NEMG, and physician practices.
- 12. Provide oversight for the completion of financial forecasts and month-end financial reporting including the results against plan for a variety of key metrics relating to the monthly financial statements.
- 13. Contribute to cost accounting logic, application and accuracy of decision support tools. Foster utilization, learning and deployment of these insights to drive effective decision making.
- 14. Provide direction in the area of staff development by providing input to hiring and training decisions.
- 15. Communicates regularly and effectively with management and staff regarding the status of financial initiatives and keeps management and staff updated and trained. Briefs senior team on key areas of importance.
- 16. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- 17. Self-directed with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and teams and work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- 18. Integral part of operational and revenue cycle maximization efforts. Interface with physicians, clinicians, and operational leadership as needed.
- 19. Collaborate with System Financial Reporting, Revenue Management, Governmental Reimbursement, Financial Planning, and Managed Care teams to optimize revenue and opportunities across all service lines.
- 20. Integral member of due diligence efforts on merger and acquisition initiatives.
- 21. Integral member of team on variety of operational initiatives as needed.
- 22. Share and build financial acumen throughout the organization through mentoring, education and cross functional work teams.
- 23. Diligently help shape a positive, resilient, innovative and dedicated high performance culture committed to excellence.
- 24. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, or equivalent experience. Master's degree in relevant field preferred. CPA Preferred
The position requires seven (7) to ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in health care finance, accounting, budget, with progressive responsibility in accountability, leadership, supervision and project management.
Considerable knowledge of health care accounting is required. Demonstrated ability to lead groups and work on numerous projects simultaneously. Previous management and matrix working relationship experience is preferred. Ability to influence and direct others, and deal with all levels of management and different functional expertise of staff. Excellent oral and written communications necessary. Ability to partner, collaborate and negotiate with physicians (NEMG, YM Contracted, Community, etc.). Experience with both cost center (G/L) data and patient data (cost accounting, EHR, quality, etc.)