To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Access To Healthcare By Performing The Following Services In A Professional, Compassionate, And Cost-Effective Manner. Provides Customer Services And Medical Records Support To Ensure An Efficient Patient Care Practice And Ensures The Patient Is Registered, Scheduled And Appropriate Authorizations Are In Place.
- 1. Greets And Works With Patients/Family In A Professional Manner To Exceed The Customer?S Expectation As A Standard Of Excellence.
- 2. Schedules Patients From A Variety Of Sources And Maintains Schedules. Also Includes But Not Limited To Md Scheduling Changes, Schedule Set Up And Validation. Scheduling May Take Multiple Calls And Conversation With Physicians, Clinical Staff And Patients To Assure Optimal Use Of Schedule, Physician Productivity And Patient Satisfaction.
- 3. Registers Patients By Obtaining Necessary Documentation For Insurance, Demographic, And Pre-Certification. Stays Current And Demonstrates A Working Knowledge Of Existing Insurance Requirements To Eliminate Denials And Delays In Payment.
- 4. Prepares Documentation For Appointments Whether Paper Or Electronically: Creates New Charts As Needed, Pulls/Files All Records For Visits, And Analyzes Patients? Records For Completeness.
- 5. Answers Phones As Assigned And Triages Calls Appropriately.
- 6. Receives And Disseminates Information From Other Departments, Physicians, Patients And Families.
- 7. Ensures Medical Record Is Provided To Clinician In The Timeliest Manner Possible; Ensures Record Availability By Maintaining The Current Location Of Records.
- 8. Coordinates Release Of Information With Health Information Management.
- 9. Files All Patient Correspondence And Logs Information In The Patient Charts According To Established Sequence And Time Frame.
- 10. Forwards To Referring Clinician All Signed Patient Visit Reports By Attending Within Assigned Time Frames.
- 11. Conducts Related Follow Through Activity Including: Correspondence With Third Party Carriers, And Other Revenue Cycle Departments.
- 12. Prepares All Related Forms, Patient Card And Id Bracelet And Advises Patient Of All Preparations Needed In Testing.
- 13. Processes Requisitions, Collects Payment And Enters Payments/Charges.
- 14. Performs Charge Reconciliation/Coding Validation In Collaboration With Clinicians.
- 15. Schedules Single/Multiple/Follow Up Procedures Requested For Patient.
- 16. Arranges Transport Of Patient As Necessary
- 17. Accomplishes Assignments In A Timely Manner In Accordance With Department Productivity Standards.
- 18. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 19. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Is Required. Work Requires Organizational, Analytical And Communication Skills Generally Acquired Through The Completion Of An Associate's Degree; Bachelor's Degree Preferred. Additional Years Of Experience Above The Minimum Requirements May Substitute For Educational Requirements On A One To One Basis (I.E. One Year Of Experience Equals One Year Of Education).
Three Years Experience Using Medical Terminology In A Medical Office Or Outpatient Facility In Customer Service Capacity Required. One Year Of Experience In Icd-X And Cpt Coding Required. One Year Experience In Medical Billing Required.
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Chaa) Through The National Association Of Healthcare Access Management (Naham) Is Required With 1 Year Of Hire.
Must Demonstrate The Ability To Learn Quickly And Handle Multiple Tasks While Remaining Calm And Focused. Must Be Detail Oriented And Able To Follow Oral And Written Instructions. Must Be Able To Maintain Accurate Records. Must Be Able To Listen, Communicate Effectively And Work Closely With Others In A Team Setting.