To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting To The Operations Manager Of Patient Access, The Off-Site Patient Access Supervisor Organizes And Directs Daily Operations Of All L+M Satellite Registration Activities, Programs And Initiatives. Motivates Staff To Achieve High Levels Of Individual Performance And Department Objectives, Including Point Of Service Collections. The Supervisor Hires, Coaches, Disciplines, Transfers, Promotes, And Evaluates Assigned Personnel Ensuring Access To Healthcare Is Provided In A Professional, Compassionate, And Cost-Effective Manner; Acts To Secure Timely Resolution On Complex Staff And Patient Issues.
- 1. Oversees Daily Outpatient/Er Registration Operations At All L+M Satellite Facilities.
- 2. Provides Daily Supervision Of Staff To Ensure Prompt And Courteous Service To Patients, Visitors, Physicians And Co-Workers. Coordinates Registration Process With Other Departments And/Or Outside Referral Sources/Agencies/Facilities To Ensure Continuity Of Care, Timely Communication And Accurate Patient Processing.
- 3. Provides Leadership In Overseeing The Workforce?S Expected Performance Levels Commensurate With The Organization?S Strategic Objectives And Holds Staff Accountable For Meeting Established Objectives
- 4. Completes Employee?S Evaluations For Assigned Staff Within A Timely Manner And In Accordance With L&M Human Resource Policy. Monitors Performance Of Staff On An Ongoing Basis And Provides Continuous Feedback To Ensure Efficient High Quality Service.
- 5. Works With Human Resources To Recruit And Select Candidates That Are A Good Fit For The Job And Organization. Ensures That Training And Precepting Of New Employees Is Complete And Identifies On-Going Education Needs Of Existing Employees.
- 6. Creates Department Schedules, Approves/Denies Pto Requests, And Coordinates Unforeseen Changes To The Schedule Due To Sick Calls, Intermittent Fmla, Etc. May Provide Coverage When Resources Are Not Available. Works With Human Resources To Coordinate And Resolve Fmla Issues. Enforces The Attendance Policy In A Fair And Consistent Manner.
- 7. Hires, Coaches, Develops, Disciplines In A Fair And Consistent Manner. Provides Conflict Resolution Between Staff Members, Escalates Issues To Leadership As Needed.
- 8. Manages The Patient Access Career Ladder Program For Assigned Area. Motivates Staff To Obtain Needed Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Move Through The Career Ladder. Ensures Criteria, Including Accuracy Thresholds, Are Met For Advancing Through The Ladder.
- 9. Investigates Patient/Family Or Staff Complaints And Determines Appropriate Resolutions And/Or Coordinates With Appropriate Departments, Leaders, And Stakeholders To Jointly Resolve Issues, Escalating As Appropriate
- 10. Establishes, Implements, Interprets And Enforces All New & Existing Hospital Wide And Department Policies And Procedures.
- 11. Participates In Rotating Weekend/Holiday ?On-Call? Schedule With Other Supervisors To Coordinate Staffing And Ensure Smooth Departmental Operations.
- 12. Maintains Current Knowledge Of Revenue Cycle Operations, Third Party Payor, Managed Care Requirements, Local/State/Federal Regulations And Medical Terminology
- 13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Work Requires Organizational, Analytical And Communication Skills Generally Acquired Through The Completion Of A Bachelor'S Degree.
At Least One (1) Year Of Related Experience In Patient Access Or Similar Setting Required. Demonstrated Experience Using Excel And Analyzing Data Is Required. Demonstrated Knowledge Of The Revenue Cycle, Cpt And Icdx Coding, Medical Terminology.Additional Years Of Experience Above The Minimum Requirements May Substitute For Educational Requirements On A One To One Basis (I.E. One Year Of Experience Equals One Year Of Education).
Must Successfully Complete Chaa Certification Within 1 Year Of Appointment. Must Possess Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills, Customer Service, Organizational, Process Innovation Skills And Leadership Qualities.
Forty (40) Hours Department Training For Registration And Computer Training For Hospital-Wide Information System With Concentration On Outpatient/Inpatient Registration, Pre-Registration, Order Entry, Scheduling, Provider Dictionary. This Would Include Classroom And Intense One-On-One In Service.