To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under The Daily Direction And Supervision Of The Charge/Resource Rn, Coordinates All Patient Care Activities. Responsible For Transcribing Physician Orders And All Activities Related To Completion Of Those Orders. Communicates All Information To Various Levels.
- 1. Exhibits Ability To Prioritize Activities.
- 2. Assists Others In Obtaining And Sharing Pertinent Information. Notifies Appropriate Rn Or Department Of Stat Orders. Coordinates Desk Communication Activities During A Code Or Other Emergency Situation.
- 3. Serves As A Resource To Staff Regarding Protocol Requirements And Sequencing For Lab Tests And X-Ray Procedures.
- 4. Accurately Transcribes Physician?S Orders Into Computer, On Kardex Or Manually On Requisition Forms.
- 5. Schedules Patients For Special Tests/Procedures With Appropriate Departments And Relays Pertinent Information.
- 6. Maintains Patient Medical Records By Accurately Dating And Recording Tpr Sheets, Recording 24 Hour Intake And Output On Graphic Sheet As Requested, Stocking And Thinning Charts, Preparing Intake And Output Sheets, Organizing Discharge Patient Records.
- 7. Coordinates All Documentation Necessary For Interdepartmental Transfers And Discharges To Other Facilities. Checks Pre-Op Charts For Completion Of Consent Forms, Tests, Etc. And Notifies Rn Of Missing Information. Changes Charts For Pending Surgery Or Diagnostic Tests.
- 8. Orders Unit Supplies From Central Service, Office Products Supplier Or Stockroom As Needed.
- 9. Maintains And Communicates Accurate Census Count Of The Unit.
- 10. Assists In Data Collection, Qa And Statistical Tracking Of Unit Activities. Maintains Appropriate Logbooks In Designated Areas. Enters Appropriate Patient Charges.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 13. Inputs Daily Charges For Services.
- 14. Maintains Staffing And Assignment Sheets And Assists In Staffing Unit As Instructed.
- 15. Schedules Inpatient And Outpatient Procedures.
- 16. Performs On-Site Registration For Inpatient, Observation And Outpatient Procedures By Accurately Obtaining Demographic, Billing And Clinical Information On Ldrp And Newborn Admissions
- 17. Asks Medicare Beneficiaries All Applicable Msp Questions
- 18. Monitors Observation Patient Length Of Stay And Reports To Care Management Those Close To 24 Hours In Length
- 19. Completes Designated Annual Competencies Within Established Time Frame For Huc And Registration Functions
- 20. Reads All E-Mail Registration Updates And Training Materials And Puts Into Practice
High School Diploma Or Equivalent.
Previous Work Experience As A Huc, Medical Secretary, Or Registrar Preferred. Computer Experience, Medical Terminology, Customer Services, Basic Knowledge Of Anatomy, Physiology And Understanding Of Medications Required.
Must Possess Good Computer Skills And Excellent Communication Skills.