To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of duties associated with the preparation, monitoring and reporting of operating and capital budgets. Performs monthly product maintenance in the cost accounting system. Utilizing a variety of business systems, process month end close reports, maintain hierarchy structures and internal distribution tables. Responsible for data integrity of the cost accounting system and provides budget variance reporting and customer support to assigned service lines. Provides technical support to the Senior Financial Analysts as required.
- 1. Develop technical knowledge of the general ledger, cost accounting and electronic medical record systems. Develop proficiency with all business software suites including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- 2. Review monthly fte adjustments and position changes for accuracy and prepares budget offset entries. Complete monthly reconciliation of ftes and dollars between position control and general ledger.
- 3. Provide support to the Senior Financial Analysts by assisting with monthly budget variance reporting and maintenance of position control and fte budgets.
- 4. Provide support to the Senior Financial Analysts by assisting with product maintenance in the cost accounting system. This includes rvu assignment, volume analyses, fixed and variable splits, and various reconciliations between the cost accounting system, general ledger and electronic medical record.
- 5. Assist in the annual operating and capital budgeting processes. Accumulates volume, expense and business plan data and supplies reports used during the annual budgeting process.
- 6. Develop working knowledge of flexible budgeting concepts. Review and analyze monthly flexible budget reports for accuracy.
- 7. Develop in-depth working knowledge of operations and act as finance liaison to assigned operational areas.
- 8. Research, accumulate and evaluate pertinent clinical, operational and financial data as it relates to charging for new Hospital products and services. Determine impact on product costing and flexible budgeting.
- 9. Collaborate with senior financial planning and budget staff on improving and streamlining departmental processes and reporting. Participate in the development of training materials and presentations for new finance staff as well as operational customers.
- 10. Participate and support Hospital and Health System finance customer relations policy and programs.
- 11. Perform other related duties as required by Financial Planning and Health System leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred or relevant years of experience.
Zero to three years experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Hospital/Healthcare experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations. Proficient with Microsoft Office including MS Access. Knowledge of the hospital/health care industry desirable.