To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates all consultations for the Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. Serves as a liaison between referring physician offices, patients and in-house staff to ensure appointments are scheduled and all required information for new patient intake is received in a thorough and timely manner. Works directly with the attending physicians and midlevel practitioners throughout the new patient intake process. Utilizes a variety of information systems to schedule patients and process related patient record information; performs a variety of associated general clerical functions. Demonstrates outstanding customer service and the Key Behaviors, outlined in the Hospital's Core Success Factors in all interactions.
- 1. New Patient Coordination: Following established protocols, coordinates the scheduling of all new patient consultations for a multi-disciplinary team of care providers including physicians (Breast Surgery, Medical Oncology, and Radiation Oncology), midlevel practitioners, social workers, dietitians, etc. based upon the individual needs of patients as requested by referring physician.
- 2. Patient Liaison: Serves as a patient liaison directly in the Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic, when it is in session, being certain that patients and physicians are kept informed of the process and that the clinic flows in a timely and organized manner.
- 3. Documentation required for multidisciplinary Breast Clinic consultations: Ensures the timely and complete compilation of all patient medical record information, results from various screening and diagnostic tests and exams (e.g., pathology, radiology) surgical reports, etc. required at weekly Multidisciplinary Breast Clinics and tumor board meetings.
- 4. Information Systems: Utilizes multiple (YNHH and Yale University) information systems to accurately enter and retrieve patient information required for electronic patient scheduling with a variety of care providers and the maintenance of accurate patient information.
- 5. General Clerical Support: Performs general clerical functions to ensure accurate, prompt and effective scheduling.
Associate's Degree in related field preferred. (2 yr. Vocational School helpful.) Medical Terminology required
Minimum of three years experience in a clinical setting, preferably in an outpatient setting, required. 2-3 years of intensive phone and scheduling experience required. OR scheduling experience preferred. Epic experience preferred.
.Working knowledge of medical terminology. Working knowledge of the patient scheduling process, and associated computer application, Epic, required. Excellent communication skills required. Excellent interpersonal skills; with ability to communicate with a variety of people using diplomacy, tact and sensitivity. Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. Ability to understand and independently follow established protocols regarding triage of patient schedules. Excellent organizational skills and problem solving tactics required.