To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
The Customer Support Coordinator is the liaison between Materials Management and the customer department. They are the direct contact to the department to help with any supply needs as it relates to the hospital inventory and or the hospital non stock inventory order program. They are the key quality assurance for the Materials Management department. Establishes fiscally responsible inventory par levels that are operationally efficient and effective.
1. Par Management: To establish par levels for departments to meet the department supply needs.
1.1 Review usage to determine the appropriate par level to assure that there are adequate supply levels.
1.2 To meet with the department managers or their designee to review any additional needed supplies
1.3 Compile and analyze various reports regarding the health of the supply chain as needed.
2. Monitor supply back orders: To review back orders and determine when supplies are at critical levels or not.
2.1 Order supplemental supplies via the Lawson system to support supply shortages.
2.2 To identify substitute products as needed if primary is not available.
2.3 To work with other departments to redistribute critical supplies as necessary.
3. Provide support the Unit Materials Associates staff. To support the UMA's in getting orders that are critical to
3.1 To train new UMA staff as to the use of the Materials supply ordering systems, Lawson, SRC and Par Ex system.
3.2 To meet with UMA staff to inform them of product changes.
4. Serve as member of the BH Conversion Team. Participate as a member of the NLC structure to assist in product evaluation
and to support the standardization of products.
4.1 To enforce the use of contracted items to help achieve hospital savings.
4.2 To coordinate and implement product conversions
5. Credits and Returns. To coordinate product returns to the vendor or storeroom. To determine whether a product can
be returned to the vendor.
5.1 To process Return Goods Authorizations (RGA) with vendors.
5.2 To redistribute supplies which can not be returned to other departments that use the product .
5.3 To monitor levels of returns to determine if Par levels need to be adjusted
6. Clean and Safe rounding. To perform weekly C&S rounds to keep departments at JACHO readiness, with
regard to environment of care, at all times.
6.1 Inspect supplies for expiration dates, cleanliness, and stock rotation.
6.2 To assure that supplies are off floors and with in 18 inches of the ceiling.
6.3 To assure that supplies are stored in the correct location and not in soiled utility rooms.
7. Research Product. To research new products in support patient care.
8. Quality Assurance. To inspect the services of the Materials Management department to assure that we are
providing the highest quality of service. To report any staffing issues back to the Materials Manager.
9. To coordinate the supply moves when a department moves locations or supply rooms.
9.1 To meet with departments prior to move to review and set up supply systems to meet the department
10. To assist when new departments open to set up and establish their supply ordering systems.
11. Data Base Maintenance. To update and maintain the Materials Management systems to include but not
limited to Lawson and the Par Excellence systems. Set up and maintain Par Levels, templates, etc.
12. Vendor Performance Review. To meet with YNHH prime vendor on a weekly bases to review the vendor
performance as it relates to supplies and the quality of service. Back orders, new products, schedule of
orders and deliveries.
13. Supply Ordering: To assist Patient Care units with special supply ordering needs.
13.1 To source and order special supply needs by a patient care units.
Associates degree or higher required.
3 to 5 years experience in supply aspects Materials Management
Full time; Days, Mon-Fri 7:30am to 4:00pm
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk, The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts;toxic or caustic chemicals.