To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Functions as a system resource and provides support to users of HRIS systems. Effectively communicates with and serves as a liaison between individuals from ITS, Payroll, HR and departments across the Health System to ensure data integrity, troubleshoot problems and correct discrepancies to help ensure timely and accurate processing of employee and payroll information. Provides research and analysis as well as training and assistance to managers to ensure successful resolution of salary administration issues. Performs a variety of administrative and auditing functions to ensure the integrity of confidential data entered into theHuman Resources Information System (HRIS) systems.. Responsible for responding to HRConnect - HRIS Center of Expertise (COE) requests as escalated to our COE. Assists in the maintenance of the HRIS COE articles on the HRConnect knowledgebase. Utilizes integrated computer software application (Lawson) to perform data entry and verification of employee information entered; and to audit all HRIS system transactions submitted by users from across the Health System to ensure the integrity of data compliance with policies and procedures. As such, works with managers to correct errors and identify the need for additional training to reduce future errors. Provides guidance and back-up assistance to the HRIS COE staff..
All functions are performed in accordance with established departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Demonstrates and models outstanding customer service and the key behaviors outlined in the Hospital's Core Success Factors in all interactions.
- 1. Effectively communicates with and serves as a liaison between individuals from ITS, Payroll, Budget,HR and departments across the Health System to ensure data integrity, troubleshoot problems and correct discrepancies. Ensures timely and accurate processing of employee and payroll information. Follows established procedures, as required, to ensure timely resolution of issues and processing of HR information.
- 1.1 On a daily basis, audits all employee personnel actions (PAs), whether submitted by manager through Manager Self-Service (MSS) and HR department staff through Lawson, ensuring information submitted is accurate and authorized by appropriate management levels.
- 2. Enters employee information into Lawson for select types of transactions that are not available to managers to process through MSS. Corrects data integrity issues identified through audits. Maintains source documents and records not processed through MSS, in an orderly manner prior to and following data entry to ensure the efficient retrieval.
- 2.1 Data enters employee information into Lawson within time frames established by the Director with 96% accuracy.
- 3. Develops and maintains working knowledge of HR policies and procedures and expert end user skills of the HRIS systems.
- 3.1 Maintains resources of HR policies and procedures, Compensation Guides, position control procedures, etc. and effectively utilizes to ensure the data, compliance with policies and procedures, and as a research tool to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- 4. Responsible for updating HRIS knowledgebase articles on HRConnect. Responds in writing or on the telephone to all valid requests for employment verification to ensure information provided is within Health System guidelines, referring inquiries to the automated employment verification system. Provide assistance to staff inquiries on setting up verification access.
- 4.1 Creates and maintains HRIS knowledgebase articles on HRConnect as required.
- 5. Ensures confidentiality and security of all employee information..
- 5.1 Ensures confidentiality and security of all employee information. Handles Personnel Actions and automated data in a sensitive manner to ensure information is maintained with the utmost confidentiality. On a daily basis, when processing Personnel Actions and performing data entry tasks, ensures that computer screens and employee data are not visible when leaving the work area as observed by the Director. Logs off computer terminal when not inquiring or processing information. Assures confidentiality of employee information in conversation and not leaving employee information in the form of paperwork or on-line screen display exposed to the casual observer. On a daily basis, stores secures all reports and documents in appropriate storage area and logs-off all computers prior to leaving the work area as observed by the Director.
- 6. Performs other Corporate HRIS related duties as assigned by the Director in order to contribute to the efficient operation of the department..
- 6.1 Works overtime or adjusts personal schedule when requested to accommodate workload 80% of time as noted by Director.
High School Diploma or equivalent, supplemented by computer related courses..
Three (3) to five (5) years of clerical experience, specifically data entry or One (1) to three (3) years of clerical experience required with Bachelor's degree. Demonstrated Customer Service experience in a high volume environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; with attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Must be able to manage high volume of communications through email and phones in a professional manner. Excellent keyboarding (50 - 60 wpm) skills; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn specific database applications. Ability to understand, utilize and assist departments with Manager Self Service and Human Resource databases (HRDB and Lawson). Knowledge of department and organizational policies and procedures, and ability to develop strong knowledge of organizational structure and reporting relationships. Knowledge of math and basic accounting. Skilled in use of operating and troubleshooting basic office equipment (e.g. copier, fax, calculator, multi-featured telephones, etc.)
Primarily sedentary work sitting within typical office setting without exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Requires occasional ability to lift, push and pull objects such as files and office supplies up to 30 pounds and/or continuously up to 10 pounds; and occasional moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, walking long distances or moving from one work site to another. Continuous use of telephones requiring ability to hear and speak to convey detailed or important instructions accurately, loudly or quickly; and continuous use of computer and other office equipment requiring fingering and excellent keyboarding skills.