To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for assistance and coordination in the Strategy and Regulatory Planning & Reporting area of the Office of Strategy Management (OSM) to ensure the department functions effectively at the System and Delivery Network level. Reporting to the Director, Strategy and Regulatory Planning & Reporting, the Regulatory Planning Analyst supports the development of CON and other regulatory filings, year-end reports, corporate objectives and annual business plan reporting. Collects and compiles data for surveys (USNWR, AHA), and assists in research, data analysis, reporting and interpretation to inform strategic intelligence reports.
- 1. Certificate of Need and Regulatory Data: gathers and analyzes data including internal financial data and volume-related data, and external market data. Drafts related documents such as Determination Letters and Notifications, and Annual Filings. Develops/prepares reviews of external CONs as requested by Senior Management. Assists in coordination of CON preparation, including drafting work plans and correspondence to the Departments of Public Health(DPH)/Office of Healthcare Strategy (OHS) ) in CT, NY, RI and MA. Gathers related information such as Exhibits for CON submission. Assists Director and Planner(s), attorneys and consultants with regulatory projects, and coordinates information/data between finance, attorneys and Planning Department and clinical departments. Assists in monitoring CON activity in CT, NY, RI and MA and supports maintenance of the CON database for region by searching all state CON websites for new activity, and developing bi-weekly report. Pulls ad hoc CON submissions, determinations and OHS reports as requested.
- 2. Survey Data Gathering: gathers and compiles data for AHA, Modern Healthcare, DPH, IDN, and other annual surveys for Delivery Networks and System. Coordinates data requests to medical staff physician analysis, financial, managed care, bed complement data, human resources staffing data, and summary of all services offered, across all delivery networks and corporate office. Creates and maintains an organized data collection process to ensure that results are accurate, consistent and timely. Coordinates requests for additional information with survey agency. Maintains record of submissions and documents process annually.
- 3. Corporate Objectives and Business Plan Reporting: Compiles data and enters results for quarterly and year end Corporate Objectives reports. Coordinates the Corporate Objectives data gathering and report development process. Assists in development of quarterly and year end reports/presentations. Assists Planning Department with annual business plan development and quarterly business plan reporting.
- 4. Provider/Competitor Profiling: In collaboration with Strategic Intelligence, conducts internet-based and other research to confirm and expand information in the OSM's provider and ambulatory inventories and database, with the goal of comprehensive inventories for both provider sets. Gather intelligence on physician and competitor activity and new ambulatory and locations in CT, NY, RI and MA. Use of physician referral data tools to analyze provider patterns, and ambulatory reporting tool to create assessments of outpatient volume opportunities. Use mapping tool to accurately visualize and represent key data points.
- 5. Presentations and Reports: creates professional quality PowerPoint presentations and reports, including documents for Board meetings and senior management use to support annual business plan development, year-end reporting, and Corporate Objectives reporting. Also supports other Planning presentation development as requested. Transcribes information from numerous sources into coherent presentations and documents.
- 6. Performs other duties as necessary to support all Planning Regulatory functions. Assists as a team member of the Planning Regulatory Department in the Office of Strategy Management (OSM).
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field required.
One (1) to three (3) years of progressive experience in the health care or business field.
Experience with Excel functionality and pivot tables. Familiarity with data analysis, reporting and interpretation. Ability to research datasets and qualitative information to create reports and/or presentations that summarize key points using various applications and formats, such as claims databases, mapping software and PowerPoint.
May include some evenings for public hearings or forums; requires ability to attend meetings at various delivery networks and locations across the System.