To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Director, SBO Systems Training and Staff Development, with the responsibility for leading a team of system analysts, project managers and a data scientist in the development of an innovative strategy for the department which includes digitization of many of the operational processes throughout Corporate Business Services. Ensures efficient and accurate use of accounts receivable systems which support the billing and collection operation and provides data for financial reporting. Collaborates with management teams across the operation and provides recommendations for system solutions, automation and other innovative tools ensuring revenue cycle objectives are on target. Facilitates the incubation and scaling of new solutions, designing and managing products to facilitate revenue and/or efficiency improvements across the operation.
Performs analysis of both financial and non-financial key performance indicators for reporting and trending purposes. Provide leadership and oversight of various work-streams as part of innovation projects and programs with multiple stakeholders. Helps to transform the organizational culture by automating and integrating complex business processes. Maintains thorough knowledge of current and their effect on healthcare accounts receivable procedures. Leads and provides direction during transitions and modifications of systems and software to ensure data integrity, internal control and financial accuracy.
- 1. Directs a team of system analysts, project managers and a data scientist as well as a number of project teams throughout the Health System. Assigns work and monitor activities of team members; oversees the development of individual work plans and provides guidance in analytical tasks.
- 2. Manages system implementations involving new and upgraded computer systems and or software or other tools. Keeps management team informed of project progress/problems particularly changes as needed in schedule, resources or product.
- 3. Directs the activities of staff members. Establishes and implements working procedures to be followed by members of the section. Selects, trains, and motivates staff members; including hiring, terminations, and disciplinary action. Conducts regular performance reviews of section personnel.
- 4. Identify opportunities to leverage electronic data interchange, Artificial Intelligence and intelligent automation throughout the operation. Develop and share points of view on new innovation approaches, technologies, and tools based on external research, with a focus on implementation strategy and cost to value propositions.
- 5. Provide leadership and oversight of various work-streams for innovation projects and programs. Oversees the development of detailed project/program execution plans and tracking against milestones.
- 6. Facilitates ideation/brainstorming sessions and drives collaboration. Fosters knowledge sharing among team members and with operational stakeholders.
- 7. Develop and present executive level communications/presentations.
- 8. Work cross-functionally with experienced services and operations managers to assure ongoing exponential growth and to create and maintain a continuous culture of win-win success and achievement.
- 9. Measure the pulse of the automation market, manage internal expectations and communicate relevant information back to the organization through regular interactions with management team. Champions the innovative power of RPA and the digital workforce.
- 10. Provides support to project teams, helps coordinate and assist management teams during staff transitions, strategic planning for the design of functions and new areas, services and for systems implementations. Serve as the departmental liaison and coordinator for work flow issues between individual entities and SBO revenue cycle departments.
- 11. Responsible for the tracking, monitoring, and analyzing various aspects and parts of the Accounts Receivable in an effort to determine overall the effectiveness of systems. Develop new reports as needed in support of these activities and to determine the causes of the variances.
- 12. Establishes and maintains effective communication with users and developers of systems, providing assistance and education to users through the project planning.
- 13. Manages transitions and modifications of systems and software to ensure data integrity, internal control and financial accuracy. Implements operational changes necessitated by changing systems/regulations.
- 14. Uses new innovation approaches, technologies, and tools to develop accounts receivable targets and cash projections monthly, in accordance with corporate goals. Provides data and information used to explain variances between target receivable goals and actual results.
- 15. Perform analysis of both financial and non-financial key performance indicators for reporting and trending purposes. Monitors reporting from each operational areas, with the intent of identifying problem areas, identifying trends in reimbursement and takes the appropriate corrective action.
- 16. Represents the SBO and works closely with directors and department heads throughout the hospitals to develop and implement procedures which are of mutual concern. Interacts with ancillary departments to resolve systems issues.
Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Data Analytics or related field. MBA/MS in Data Analytics or other relevant advanced degree(s).
Prior experience in automation, cognitive & analytics. Five (5) years or more progressive experience in systems analysis and strategy in a large revenue cycle management operation with at least (3) years in a management role. Strong project coordination experience required including significant financial reporting experience and demonstrated accomplishments in the implementation of hospital systems. Track record of delivering results.
Epic Certifications, PMP
Proven abilities in leadership, initiative and sound judgment required. Excellent organizational, strong analytical & communication skills. Deep understanding of software technologies, trends, thinks strategically, handles ambiguity, and interacts with senior business leaders. Critical and creative thinking as well as ability to execute on the details. Outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills; exceptionally strong PowerPoint skills. Familiarity and fluency with strategic and innovation frameworks and conceptual constructs; strong interest in artificial intelligence, automation, strategy and innovation. Strong knowledge of systems, knowledge of budgets, developing applications in PC database software and system report writer requirements. Ability to motivate and direct activities of a large and diverse staff.