To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The HIM Satellite Document Imaging Tech III works as part of a decentralized team to ensure that all documents are prepped, scanned, and indexed accurately into the electronic medical record in a timely manner at off-site outpatient clinics. Staff members in this position may also perform miscellanious functinos to support the clinic such as retrieval and return of hardcopy medical records for immediate patient care, studies, audits and release of information (ROI) requests. Incumbent must demonstrate superior customer service skills to internal and external customers, work independently, and have the ability to move seamlessly between different satellite locations to ensue daily objectives are met across all satellite locations.
- 1. Accurately prioritizes, prepares, scans , indexes and routes patient documentation into the doucment imaging system using a desktop scanner.
- 1.1 Prioritizes by document type (i.e. new patients/consults/results).
- 2. Accurately extracts patient historical documents from paper charts for scanning.
- 2.1 Correctly dissembles charts for scanning based on established criteria.
- 3. Performs hardcopy record filing and retrieval including contacting archiving vendor for records needed for patient care, audits, studies or release of information requests.
- 4. Performs quality review as assigned to ensure accuracy and legibility of images in the EMR. Reports any discrepancy to the Supervisor, Document Imaging for follow-up.
- 5. Effectively communicates with leadership and medical staff at the satellite offices; ensures that Supervisor, Document Imaging is apprised of any changes in work volume and/or requests to assist with additional duties outside of HIM's scope of practice. Maintains professionalism at all times.
- 6. Monitors office fax machine.
- 6.1 Demonstrates ability to independently discern and sort documents by content.
- 7. Supports Release of Information (ROI) function.
- 7.1 Demonstrates competency in accurately guiding walk-in customers through completion of a Release of Information authorization form.
- 8. Operates desktop scanner, batch scanner, multifunction copier/fax machines, printers and CD burners and other storage medium as needed to fulfill basic ROI and Document Imaging support tasks.
- 9. Applies YNHHS service excellence pledge in all interactions with customers, department leaders, and co-workers. Demonstrates a professional demeanor along with excellent communication skills. Maintains professional and diplomatic during conflicts and escalates difficult customer interactions to department leaders as appropriate.
- 10. Demonstrates telephone courtesy, including consistent use of standardized greetings and other scripting.
- 11. Adapts to daily changes in workflow and independently prioritizes and rotates between tasks to support teamwork and department productivity goals. Accepts direction from onsite management.
- 11.1 Identify documents as STAT and scan immediately.
- 12. Demonstrates flexibility to work at other sites on short notice, as needed to meet HIM department coverage and workflow demands.
- 13. Consistently monitors Microsoft Outlook email account and responds appropriately and timely to emails from department leaders, coworkers, and other stakeholders.
- 14. Attends mandatory team and HIM department staff meetings.
- 15. Adheres to Time & Attendance policy.
- 16. Completes mandatory in-person training sessions and health stream modules on-time.
- 17. Participates in department process improvement projects.
High school graduate or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred. Formalized medical record technician training preferred.
One (1) to two (2) years of experience in medical office or customer service related occupation requiring ability to manage telephone and in-person customer contact. Experience in electronic medical record navigation and/or electronic data entry experience required. Release of medical information or document imaging experience preferred.
Knowledge of legal medical record requirements, medical record forms, and HIPAA forms and content. Capability to operate scanners, printers, fax machines & copiers. Strong computer skills including knowledge of EPIC and MPF applications preferred. Ability to function professionally with co-workers and staff from other departments and vendors as needed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task & prioritize work. Ability to learn new tasks quickly & flexibility to adjust to changing environment.
Must be physically capable of walking, lifting, bending and pushing a cart in support of unit collection duties.