To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The HIM Document Imaging Technician I works as part of a team to ensure that all documents are collected, prepped and scanned accurately for indexing into the electronic medical record. Performs entry level indexing functions to provide coverage on request.
- 1. Accurately prepares patient documentation for batch scanning into electronic record system.
- 1.1 Prepares patient documentation for scanning according to the date of discharge, or other criteria communicated by department leaders.
- 2. Scans documents into electronic document management system using a batch scanner.
- 2.1 Operates batch management software and batch scanner.
- 3. Performs entry level indexing functions to maintain efficient department operations.
- 3.1 Maintains priority work queues within established turnaround times.
- 4. Rotates to cover HIM document collection or courier duties as necessary to maintain efficient department operations.
- 5. Consistently monitors email for department updates and instructions from HIM leaders.
- 6. Answers department telephone with a courteous greeting, directs callers to appropriate party, and takes accurate, complete messages.
- 7. Adapts to daily changes in workflow and independently rotates between tasks to support teamwork and department productivity goals.
- 8. Attends mandatory HIM department and work team meetings.
- 9. Completes annual mandatory in-person training or Healthstream modules on time.
- 10. Adheres to Time & Attendance policy.
- 11. Demonstrates flexibility to work any shift, weekends, and holidays to meet HIM department workflow needs.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in electronic medical record environment or related activities involving production work, use of computer and familiarity with health information management preferred.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Ability to obtain thorough knowledge of legal medical record requirements, medical record forms and content. Computer experience required. Ability to use peripheral equipment such as bar code scanners, printers, fax machine, photocopier and scanner. Ability to function professionally with co-workers and staff from other departments and vendors as needed .Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task and prioritize work. Ability to learn new tasks quickly and flexibility to adjust to changing environment.
In order to fulfill Collection duties: Must be physically capable of walking distances, lifting, bending, and pushing of heavy carts filled with medical records. In order to fulfill Courier duties: Must possess a valid driver license and be able to drive departmental vehicle. Must be able to fill gas tanks of vehicle.