To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Internal Consulting Group (ICG) resident will join the team for a program lasting up to twelve (12) months from their start date. During this time, the resident will be contributing towards multiple projects aimed at unearthing new steams of value across Yale New Haven Health. Residents will develop and refine a range of competencies, including:
* Problem-solving - developing hypotheses, collecting and analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations.
* Inter-disciplinary research - applying knowledge to current issues impacting the healthcare system.
* Data analytics - leveraging clinical and financial data to inform project development.
* Strategy construction - using strategic tools and methods to conceptualize system wide opportunities for improvement and value-creation.
* Policy analysis - critically investigating how regulation and public policy variables impact the operational, financial and strategic position of the health system.
Residents will be immersed in a healthcare consulting practice which is fast-paced, collaborative, and focused on delivering measurable results across different dimensions of the health system.
- 1. Works directly with members of the Internal Consulting Group to assist with ongoing projects, quality assurance, data collection, and general administrative duties.
- 2. Participates in strategy and project development discussions.
- 3. Gathers data, conduct analyses, and generates reports. Assists with data analyses related to financial and productivity budgets for the network hospitals across relevant departments.
- 4. Conducts research with reliable sources, as dictated by projects/assignments.
- 5. Creates professional quality PowerPoint presentations and reports on request. Transcribes information from numerous sources into coherent presentations and documents.
- 6. Acts as a team player with all ICG staff and assists as requested.
- 7. Keeps mentor and stakeholders updated on progress of assignments/projects.
- 8. Attends key management and departmental meetings.
- 9. Completes in-house training sessions to assist in development of specific knowledge.
- 10. Maintains confidentiality of departmental functions and internal and information.
- 11. Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and actively pursuing Master's degree in Health Care Management or related field.
Experience in a hospital, integrated delivery system or community provider settings preferred, but not required.
* Familiar with integrated health care systems, hospitals, community health and quality improvement processes.
* High degree of initiative, organization and perceptiveness.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills and creativity.
* Ability to operate in a continually changing and often high-pressure environment. Knowledge of information systems.
* Proficient in excel.