To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the overall planning, directing and management of Budget Development functions. Responsibilities include preparation of all annual Operating and Capital Budget data including presentation to Hospital and Health System Administration and the integration of Financial Analyses functions with Budget Development functions. Directs the work activities and oversees customer support provided by the Financial Planning and Budget staff including monthly analyses of budget variances, spend rates and flexible budgeting results. Integrates KRONOS, Lawson, All Scripts, Strata and other systems data into budget development, monitoring and reporting. Handles all other requests for financial and budget analyses as required for both internal and external purposes.
- 1. Responsible for staffing and training of direct reports and maintaining all other employee relations.
- 2. Develops a superior functioning team that provides a high level of accuracy and consistently demonstrates excellent customer service skills with all constituents.
- 3. Ability to coordinate and motivate staff, maintain effective relationships and demonstrate respect, and sensitivity in all decisions.
- 4. Plans, directs and manages the overall Operating Budget function. This includes the development and implementation of budget policies, procedures and systems. Integrates the annual Operating and Capital Budgeting processes.
- 5. Directs the preparation of the annual Capital Budget function. This includes development and implementation of Capital Budget poliices and proceures.
- 6. Directs the preparation of the annual Operating and Capital Budget instructions, forms, and reports. Updates and presents budget material to Hospital Administration during the budget process.
- 7. Manages the preparation of multiple Operating and Capital budget variance and account analyses in conjunction with the monthly financial close process and participates in monthly financial close meetings.
- 8. Reviews and approves strategic journal entries and monthly budget adjustments related to the monthly close process.
- 9. Manages the analyses and reporting of actual spend rates and budget utilization and directs the distribution of these reports to Hospital Administration.
- 10. Monitors, maintains and reports on Capital Budget activities and projects.
- 11. Leads customer training efforts on operating and capital budgeting processes.
- 12. Oversees and ensures the integration of data from various information systems (KRONOS, Lawson, Strata, etc.) into budget reporting and monitoring.
- 13. Directs the preparation, maintenance and reporting processes related to Position Control and Full Time Equivalent budget transactions.
- 14. Manages the integration of Budgeting functions with Financial Planning and Decision Support functions in collaboration with the Managers of Financial Analysis and Decision Support.
- 15. Ensures the maintenance and scheduling of the financial report distribution process including maintenance of the hierarchy reporting structures.
- 16. Participates in Health System initiatives, standardization projects and aspects of Operating Budget development and monitoring as required.
- 17. Promotes the philosophy of Core Success Factors as outlined in the Performance Management process.
- 18. Performs other related duties and participates on committees and special projects as required by the Director of Budget and Financial Planning.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Advanced degree or CPA desirable.
Five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in hospital finance activities, at least three (3) of which are in a lead or supervisor capacity over an accounting, budget or financial analysis function.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively manage and create a positive work environment for staff. Strong management skills with the ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations and the ability to influence the thinking of others. Knowledge of the hospital industry and health care environment desirable.