To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Medical Clinical Director and/or the Patient Services Manager of the Newborn Special Care Unit or Maternity Units, assists nursing personnel in identifying and meeting the nursing care needs of the breastfeeding families. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team to plan, evaluate and insure quality of care. Possesses and demonstrates a high degree of expertise in care of the breastfeeding dyad. Provides comprehensive consultation to nurses, physicians and other professional health care team members. Provides clinical leadership in activities of the department relating to policies, standards of care, and the collaborative practice of primary nursing. Contributes to the expansion of the professional development of the nursing staff.
- 1. Clinical Practice
- 1.1 Serves as a clinical resource to nursing personnel, patients and their families, and health care professionals.
- 2. Clinical Leadership
- 2.1 Monitors and evaluates the quality of patient care; identifies and communicates measures to improve and insure quality of nursing care.
- 3. Clinical Education
- 3.1 Evaluates and disseminates current literature and research to nursing and medical staff.
- 4. Professional Activities
- 4.1 Serves as a resource for community health professionals, civic organizations and organizations supporting lactation.
- 5. Professional Development
- 5.1 Establishes professional goals and plans for achieving these goals.
Registered nurse with current Connecticut nursing licensure, BSN preferred and IBCLC certification required. Lactation consultant with documentation of current national certification (i.e. International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants, UCLA Extension Program). 2 years experience as a lactation consultant preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing experience. Demonstrated clinical expertise and in-depth knowledge in specialty area, encompassing the well baby, premature and/or sick neonate and post-partum mothers.
Demonstrated effective teaching, communication, research and leadership skills.