To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the minimal supervision of the Applications Systems Supervisor, participates as a project team member in systems design, enhancement, and/or develops programs for user areas in new or existing production systems. Competent to work on fairly complex analytical and programming tasks. Designs, codes, documents and prepares programs for processing, and prepares and documents interface between related programs or systems.
- 1. Evaluates requests and performs comprehensive analysis for systems development and enhancement.
- 2. Develops project plans by defining phase content, estimating time and resource requirements.
- 3. Conducts needs analysis study, including evaluation of current environment (user and computer) by observation, interview, and examination of existing systems documentation, manual, forms, etc.
- 4. Participates with user to define and document current and future business needs.
- 5. Conducts feasibility and cost benefits studies.
- 6. Documents general and specific design specifications. Participates with user in design of production and conversion plan to ensure smooth transition from current to new environment. Assists in the design of input and output formats, screens, and reports.
- 7. Designs interface, both automated and manual, between users systems.
- 8. Develops test data and designs of test protocols.
- 9. Develops implementation plan and supports implementation process.
- 10. Develops user and MIS procedure manuals.
- 11. Monitors progress against plan and provides management reports as required.
- 12. Assists Systems Supervisor in the development of plans for maintenance and development of assigned systems.
- 13. Assists Systems Supervisor to establish and maintain effective communication with users of systems, providing assistance and education to user throughout the project planning and development life cycle.
- 14. Analyzes and evaluates outside software; assists in preparation of recommendations for acquisition.
- 15. Participates in determining the nature and scope of project activities and processes to be developed or modified. Determines and recommends technical approaches to the development of systems, complex programs.
- 16. Translates program specifications, flow charts, and decision tables into appropriate computer instructions and/or codes for highly complex programs.
- 17. Specifies and arranges test data and coordinates test processing for newly developed systems under the general direction of applications Systems Supervisor. Trouble-shoots programs and systems by isolating and correcting testing errors.
- 18. Develops or assists in the development of high complex programming routines, programs and functions according to detail design and user needs.
- 19. Establishes and evaluates program efficiency by assisting in the analysis of performance and determining the accuracy of results. Oversees or develops procedure technical manuals.
- 20. Performs job-related duties in conformance with MIS standards; may initiate standards.
- 21. Performs all duties and responsibilities in such a manner as to support the Hospital's Customer Relation program and promotes positive and constructive working relationships within the department.
- 22. Performs other job related duties, as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or technical training and work related experience (courses in systems analysis and design, DBMS, screen design techniques, forms design, data gathering, oral and written communication).
Five (5) years of experience in a variety of programming and analytical activities; at least one (1) year of analytical experience; on-line, real time and data base environment.
Print management solution experience, fax management solution experience, document management solution experience, and systems development life cycle methodology. Support experience with end user devices such as scanners, printers and fax machines preferred.
HL7 protocol, XML, TCPIP, FTP, HTTP, Visio, Perl, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access or other DBMS. Familiar with version control tools such as Visual Source Safe.
Strong organizational and analytical skills. Knowledge of database concepts, project management, and system implementation. Knowledge of the principles and concepts involved in structured programming practices and techniques.
Applicant must be able to travel to any of the YNHHS hospitals / practices for support as required (Valid CT driver's license).