To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Magnet Specialist will provide leadership in the identification, planning, and evaluation of American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program aligned organizational initiatives. Work includes monitoring the organizational performance of nursing -sensitive outcomes against nationally-reported benchmarks and progress toward attainment of performance standards necessary for ANCC Magnet re-designation. The Magnet Specialist will collaborate with nursing leaders and practice partners in the development and monitoring of strategies to improve nursing-sensitive outcome performance in all inpatient and outpatient nursing practice settings. The Magnet Specialist will work under the direction of Magnet Integration Manager
- 1. Serves as an organizational leader in the identification, planning and evaluation of Magnet aligned initiatives
- 1.1 Works collaboratively with service line leaders (such as nursing directors, managers) and organizational leaders (such as performance and quality improvement departments)
- 2. Implements and monitors nursing and Magnet?related project plans
- 2.1 Coordinates educational sessions related to evolving Magnet program requirements to ensure organization enculturation of Magnet framework
- 3. Independently executes components of the Magnet re-designation strategy
- 3.1 Collaborates with subject matter experts to write Magnet sources of evidence for inclusion in the Magnet re-designation document
BSN minimum with Masters of science in nursing, MSN, or Masters related field- required.
At least 5 years of active nursing experience, with demonstrated progressive leadership responsibilities in a complex care environment. Previous experience with ANCC Magnet recognition program required. Current CT Registered Nurse License.
Current CT Registered Nurse License.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, coordinative, organizational, and leadership skills. Has proven data management and analytics skills. Demonstrates a passion for nursing quality and outcomes. Demonstrates the ability to successfully lead teams, initiatives, and change processes. Demonstrates ability to foster positive relationships among teams and department. Must be a team -player with flexibility to adapt to evolving priorities, has history of managing multiple simultaneous projects.
No special conditions