To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible for the full processing of payroll for the YNH Health System. The payroll process is
run for 21,000+ employees across 13 process levels. This position Works in conjunction with the Payroll Manager and Payroll Coordinator to resolve any payroll and Kronos related issues in a way which results in an accurate resolution for a true and accurate payroll. This resolution process is performed in a manner that ensures the satisfaction of our customers through the proper and accurate performance of all payroll related duties.
The person in this role is responsible to insure the accuracy and timeliness of the YNH Health System Payroll. This responsibility includes running all steps in the payroll and close process reaching the goal of paying all 21,000+
employees correctly and on time. This high level of responsibility means working with IT, HR, Benefits and
Payroll team members, in a 100% respectful and professional manner. This also requires that the person performing the duties sees that each edit report is fully examined and all issues are resolved prior to proceeding with the process. This person must perform in a way that will guarantee every effort is made to satisfy the customer while continuing to build and develop partnerships with our clients, as observed by the Payroll Manager.
- 1. Payroll Processing:The person oversees the day-to-day processes in the department to insure the accuracy of all payroll data. This is done through verification and review of processes to ensure true and accurate payroll input and output.
- 1.1 Is responsible for maintenance of payroll (Lawson and Kronos) information in accordance with Hospital retention guidelines this is done through the use of up-to-date technology as provided by our Employer.
- 2. Support of Users: Performs a variety of duties to ensure timely and accurate reporting of Payroll. Provides support to all Kronos users to ensure correct and accurate editing practices, as observed by the Payroll Manager
- 2.1 Researches all manual check requests to ensure accurate payments as observed by the Payroll Manager.
- 3. Bookkeeping and Accounting Responsibilities: Performs certain bookkeeping duties to ensure efficient and accurate flow of information from Lawson Payroll to the Lawson G/L system.
- 3.1 Prepares all check requests associated with payroll processing as part of the payroll process.
- 4. Customer Service: Works with all customers in a courteous, respectful, compassionate and professional manner to correct all payroll issues. This involves utilization of all available resources and communication of the issue and its' resolution to all effected parties.
- 4.1 Deals with phone related inquires in a respectful customer service-oriented manner. Does not 'pass-off' or transfer calls without giving the caller the appropriate contact information.
- 5. Additional Responsiblities:
- 5.1 Timely and accurate data entry and coordination of Interim Staffing Incentive payments for YNHH Patient Care areas.
High school graduate or GED required. Associates degree in accounting or finance preferred.
3 - 5 years of experience with Kronos and Lawson or comparable payroll systems. Prior bookkeeping or accounting experience strongly preferred.
Must possess excellent organizational and communications skills and must be able to work independently with minimal to no direction. Ability to effectively use Outlook, Word, Excel, Kronos and Lawson.
Participates in any payroll in-services and needed. Participates in any payroll in-services as needed.
Participates in any payroll in-services and needed.
Must be able to flex their schedule and payroll processing demands.