To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Works collaboratively with the NM displaying leadership in management, clinical practice, performance improvement and staff development in accordance with the overall philosophy and goals of Patient Care Services. In the absence of the NM, he/she is responsible for the direction of patient care as well as patient care activities, unit operations, and staff functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Demonstrates advanced skill in assessment of health care needs.
- 1.1 Demonstrates advanced skills in interviewing, observing and collecting healthcare data, performing a systems assessment and identifying patient support systems on admission according to hospital policy.
- 2. Demonstrates advanced skill in planning for patient health care needs.
- 2.1 Initiates Interdisciplinary Plan of Care (IPOC) utilizing information from initial assessment and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital policy.
- 3. Demonstrates advanced skills in implementation of care to meet patient care needs.
- 3.1 Prioritizes patient care based on assessments.
- 4. Demonstrates advanced skill in evaluating care delivered.
- 4.1 Assess patient responses to healthcare interventions based on expected outcomes.
- 5. Documents outcomes appropirately, accurately, and consistenly.
- 5.1 Actively assists Nurse Manager with monthly/weekly documentation reviews.
- 6. Demonstrates advanced leadership skills.
- 6.1 Displays advanced knowledge and proficiency in the delivery of patient care and serves as resource for staff.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Baccalaureate education - nursing major preferred. Degreed ANM must earn 10 contact hours annually. Non-degreed ANM must complete 6 credit hours towards a bachelor's degree and 6 contact hours annually.
Minimum of 2 years experience as Registered Nurse in acute care setting
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have a current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire.
Demonstrated leadership abilities
Demonstrated interpersonal skills
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight,hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.