To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Value Analysis Nurse is responsible for providing overall direction in the area of supply utilization to facilitate/drive cost reduction, utilizing the value analysis process. The value analysis process focuses on maintaining or improving patient safety, quality and clinical operations while reducing overall cost. The value analysis process will require the establishment and adherence to a streamlined method for standardizing and monitoring product/service selection, utilization, and costs. The Value Analysis Nurse will provide clinical expertise that facilitates supply expense management while continuously improving all processes that support patient care, education and research. In addition, the Value Analysis Nurse will serve as a liaison between Supply Chain activities and the clinicians to meet the overall organizational goals.
The work of the Value Analysis Nurse includes evaluating the utilization of products, evaluating the clinical efficacy of products through independent research, soliciting clinical feedback from YNHHS clinicians, advancing medical device reprocessing, advancing efforts around standardization and waste stream reduction. In addition, the Value Analysis Nurse will work closely with other teams such as clinical redesign and clinical governance committees to ensure all supply initiatives meet or advance patient safety, quality and clinical operations.
Upon direction from the Director, responsibilities may include projects related to overall reduction in waste stream costs, clinical utilization of supply chain products/services, or other responsibilities in support of the Hospitals clinical and cost goals.
- 1. Collaborate with clinicians and hospital leadership to coordinate the identification and implementation of utilization initiatives in support of the YNHHS financial and quality business plan.
- 2. Facilitate system wide discussions with clinicians related to expense reduction initiatives and quality initiatives that have a significant supply impact.
- 3. Performs research and compiles health system, FDA, and industry information to determine focus and strategy for the implementation of new device/product/implants at each health system site, and compiles independent research to support value analysis initiatives.
- 4. Defines requested data and analytics required for individual projects and initiatives, accessing or obtaining such data, scrubbing and manipulating as needed in support of defined goals.
- 5. Develops tools, graphics, presentations and reports as appropriate to assist others in understanding clinical methods and processes required to achieve measurable results.
- 6. Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships from a clinical perspective and monitors clinical quality levels.
- 7. Able to maintain a tolerance for the changing environments, differing cultures, and be able to implement a plan for the health system as a whole, redirecting the project as needed.
- 8. Interfaces and collaborates with NPC (Northeast Purchasing Coalition) initiatives to support synergy and saving for YNHHS.
- 9. Follow all corporate compliance guidelines and patient confidentiality and safety guidelines. Maintains the confidentiality of pricing among vendors and other outside parties.
- 10. Knowledge of leadership principles/concepts, budgetary concepts, and supply chain systems.
- 11. Attends educational event to maintain clinical expertise. Participates as a presenter or facilitator in regional and /or national conferences to share our experiences, processes and achievements as a large IDN.
Bachelor's required; Master's in business or healthcare preferred.
Minimum of 5 to 10 years healthcare experience. Management or supervisory experience preferred; clinician experience preferred; budget and financial experience preferred; supply chain management experience preferred.
Current RN CT License
Excellent knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point; Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to drive consensus; Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required to travel between hospital/affiliates campuses.