To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working under minimal direction of HRIS Technical Manager, designs, builds and manages large relational database system projects that run on Client Server platforms. Responsible for system development, programming, system maintenance and report development as it relates to HR Systems. Develops complex web applications and interfaces with Lawson HR data. Responsible for creating and maintaining Oracle views and stored procedures within applications.
- 1. Participates as team leader in the design of relational databases. Performs basic Oracle Database Administration to create database objects and create, modify and document new systems. Makes changes to existing custom applications and develops appropriate documentation.
- 2. Assists other team members in Oracle query/view design and optimization; provides technical guidance in analytical tasks; Oversees project assignments and monitors progress against plan.
- 3. Collaborates with team members and User community in planning new projects. Provides consultation to enterprise divisions on procedures and processes affecting HR network and applications.
- 4. Works with IT Database Administrators and HRIS Technical Manager to develop standard configuration and methodologies assuring a level of uniformity across various applications.
- 5. Develops enhancements for existing HR realted applications using Visual Studio, PL/SQL, MS.net and UNIX/AIX/NT skills.
- 6. Responsible for system development, programming, system maintenance and report development as it relates to HR Systems.
- 7. Develops web programming for complex web applications and interfaces.
- 8. Provides programming support on third party and custom PC applications for areas such as Workers' Compensation, Recruitment, Joint Commission Mandatory Training, Pension and Compensation.
- 9. Develops, maintains and assists other Corporate HRIS staff in the development of Health System-wide Crystal reports and HRDB queries for functional users.
- 10. Reviews, coordinates and processes end user security access requests for all Lawson related features such as HRDB, HR Oracle and Crystal Reports.
- 11. Assists Super Users in testing proposed code changes, including interfaces.
- 12. Conducts cost/benefit analyses of various methods for fulfilling micro-computer systems support requirements.
- 13. Assists in the development of system procurement specifications, Requests for Proposals, and Information Systems plan for microcomputer systems enterprise-wide as it relates to the Human Resources function.
- 14. Serves as a liaison with IS&T and Human Resources staff, assisting in coordinating functions and problem solving involving Lawson and other ancillary software packages.
- 15. Keeps abreast of recent developments in the Information Systems field as related to HR products. Participates in professional development programs.
- 16. Mentors and coaches other Corporate HRIS staff members.
- 17. Performs other job related duties as required.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or technical training and work related experience equivalent. (courses in System Analysis and Design, database management, data gathering, oral and written communications) Education in the use of Visual Studio suite of products, PL/SQL and MS.net required. Oracle DB Administration fundamental training required.
Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in a variety of systems analysis and programming activities, with at least five (5) years of primary emphasis on micro-computing systems and web applications development required. Demonstrated experience working with MS.net, MS Access, Visual Basic Scripting and Crystal Reports required. Experience in the use of Visual Studio suite of products and PL/SQL required.
In-depth knowledge of a variety of personal computer based hardware and software systems, communications networking and analysis techniques. Excellent client-relations skills. Strong web application development skills utilizing MS.Net. Working knowledge of Visual Studio suite of products, MS Access and Crystal Reports is required. Knowledge of industry standards such as SQL, ODBC, Crystal server pages and Client Server. Knowledge of JAVA scripting or Visual Basic scripting preferred. Well developed programming, analytical, and problem resolution skills. Excellent oral and written communication, planning, organizational, and project management skills.