To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Effectively monitor the identification and tracking of certain medical devices which have been explanted and replaced due to a manufacturer's device recall or malfunction. The Internal Control Analyst will also be responsible for assisting and leading other projects/ assignments related to managing risk and identifying efficiencies. Reporting to the Manager of Internal Controls, the Internal Controls Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate controls and related processes are adequately documented, reviewed and put in place across Yale New Haven Health System to support our Enhanced Business Practice (EBP) activities.
- 1. Implements a consistent process across the system for identification and tracking of explanted devices as required by federal regulations.
- 2. Monitors accurate vendor/patient specific implant/explant tracking to prevent significant financial ramifications for the health system.
- 3. Recommends best practices utilizing SharePoint, excel, or other tools.
- 4. Responds to requests in support of internal and external regulatory and compliance audits.
- 5. Develop and carries out a workplan, identifies efficiencies and summarizes conclusions for various internal control related projects including EBP activities and other project based assignments..
- 6. Ensures that work is completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with departmental requirements.
- 7. Identifies and recommends solutions for control gaps and process inefficiencies.
- 8. Monitors progress of control deficiency remediation plans.
- 9. Provides guidance and assistance to various Process Owners (Department heads) as necessary; ensures that work performed and data provided by those departments is accurate and timely.
- 10. Assists in the enhancement of the organization's policies and procedures to support the internal control framework.
- 11. Performs other related duties as required.
H.S. Diploma required; Bachelors degree preferred.
This position requires a minimum of one year of accounting, auditing, project management, or supply chain experience with a Bachelors degree in Finance or related field., or five years of relevant experience and actively pursuing a Bachelors degree in Finance or related field. . Sarbanes Oxley and/or Healthcare experience are a plus.
This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal direction from direct manager.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ability to work with all levels of personnel including Senior Management.
The ability to identify where a process warrants additional review and provide recommendations for process improvements in an effective manner.
Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.