To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Tech Specialist provides support for all daily operations of the Diagnostic Radiology and outpatient imaging centers. as necessary to achieve the level of service excellence, exam quality, patient safety, and customer satisfaction consistent with YNHH and departmental standards. This includes the performance of all duties and responsibilities associated with a Tech Specialist. The Tech Specialist hours will reflect the staffing needs of the department. The Tech Specialist will be an active participant in the following: quality control, orientation and training of all staff, working with radiologists on protocol development and clinical trials, assisting with any charge related issues, editing timecards, facilitating all lead apron testing, working with physicist to keep current room evaluations and will assume the role of manager in the absence of the manager. Under the supervision of the Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are preformed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrate exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Service Excellence Pledge Standards. The medical staff determines the qualifications of the radiology staff that use equipment and procedures.
- 1. Acts as a front line supervisor to coordinate the daily operations of the imaging section to ensure a smooth, efficient and high quality service. Consults with other departments when necessary to effectivelu coordinate oatient exams and uses staff and resources efficiently..
- 2. Oversees the patient schedule daily and makes adjustments as needed to accommodate the needs of the referring physicians, patients and clinics to provide customer service.
- 3. Prepares an efficient staffing schedule to meet the demands of the services at both the main hospital and imaging center with minimal use of overtime and salary expense. Arranges appropriate staff coverage for vacations, holidays and unscheduled absences.
- 4. Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, technologists, nurses and other staff concerned with the service. Uses problem solving techniques, independent judgment and good interpersonal skills to address issues effectively as they arise and initiate service recovery.
- 5. Monitors technical quality of work though periodic audits and takes corrective action to make improvements or to assist with implementation of new processes or imaging protocols when directed.
- 6. Coordinates equipment service and maintenance schedules and assists with Quality Assurance in accordance with JCAHO, DPH, DEEP, MQSA, FDA, ACR requirements.
- 7. Responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining appropriate stock par levels and utilization oversight to achieve budgeted targets. Delegates tasks to others as appropriate.
- 8. Assists manager and physician director with the selection, orientation and training of new employees as well as in-service education and annual staff competencies.
- 9. Competent as a super user for computer based applications such as Infor, Visage, Epic, etc. and any other job related computer applications.
- 10. Assists financial service department with any questions regarding charges, charge master or billing inquiries when requested.
- 11. Acts as primary KRONOS editor for main hospital and imaging center using exception logs and maintaining accurate records.
- 12. Has shared responsibility for the hospital's lead apron annual testing program. Accurate record-keeping and testing of all pieces of lead with assistance as necessary from other staff.
- 13. Shared responsibility for maintaining annual physics testing is completed and recorded in a timely manner in accordance with JCAHO and ACR requirements.
- 14. 5. Performs all Tech Specialist responsibilities efficiently and provides effective communication to director/manager and staff. 5.1 In the absence of the section manager assumes responsibility to support the needs of daily operation. 5.2 Performs ALL responsibilities outlined in the Radiologic Technologist Job Description
- 15. Participates in Radiation Safety Committee.
Graduation from an A.M.A approved Radiologic Technologist program required. Allied Technology, Life Science or equivalent Associates Degree preferred.
Minimum six years of imaging experience with highly developed and advanced technical skills. One year in a supervisory role preferred. Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
Connecticut state radiographer license and ARRT certification.
Working in a normal clinical Radiology environment, handling test, utilizing a computer terminal. Intense concentration with instruments or procedures. Works under stressful conditions, interpersonal and computer skills required.
Lifting of medium weight objects. Intense concentration with instruments or procedures for most of the day. Average radiology conditions.