To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Development, analysis and deployment of revenue cycle reports for a variety of department and leadership levels across the health system. Performs development, implementation and resolution to software and hardware requirements, acting as liaison between the department and MIS department when required. Creates professional billing material based on validated data and identified trends to provide training across entities to optimize the success of the revenue cycle,
This position requires strong organizational and communication skills. Ensures positive interactions with patients, family members, medical staff, and co-workers. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- 1. Provides appropriate reports and statistical data to other department designees for review, follow-up and resolution. This includes summarizing and reporting to department leadership, staff and operational staff to optimize revenue opportunity.
- 2. Responsible for design, development and maintenance of reports. Utilizes system analytics tools such as report writer or vendor applications. Validates and interprets data to provide recommendations to management. Develops innovative and viable solutions.
- 3. Identifies and monitors trends in accounts receivable and recommends opportunities to improve revenue through maintaining and distributing reports
- 4. Maintains high level of understanding of all department systems components and functionalities. Perform programming, analysis and support as needed. Validates system functionality and ensures any changes have the intended results.
- 5. Develop, implement and maintain a web based collaboration and document management platform (such as SharePoint) to streamline communication and knowledge sharing within the department and across other YNHHS divisions
- 6. Serves as the departmental liaison and coordinator with internal MIS representatives, as well as representatives from the various systems, vendors. Reports problems and the need for maintenance and/or upgrades.
- 7. Works with MIS and other vendors on the specifications of the interfaces between the business office computer system and other computer systems, including departmental systems.
- 8. Creates and provides revenue cycle education sessions, including web based training and procedural reference materials, to staff members on particular job functions or projects. Demonstrates tasks/duties as required to areas or departments identified in need.
- 9. Identifies and monitors trends in revenue cycle to identify deficiencies and assess effectiveness of overall training effort. Collaborates with others to develop programs to enhance staff knowledge base
- 10. Communicates department metrics and revenue cycle activity to meet the business requirements of department and operational staff, as well as executive level leadership.
- 11. Discloses healthcare billing updates to both the department staff and practice operations to optimize the success of the revenue cycle.
- 12. Demonstrates exceptional customer service toward internal and external customers
- 13. Attends training programs, in-service and staff meetings as required or recommended to increase technical expertise. This may include specialized systems training (i.e. EPIC Super User).
- 14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree in healthcare or a business related field required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred. CPB or CPC preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years' work experience in healthcare revenue cycle setting or Two (2) to three (3) years? experience with PC software, programming and report writer.
Strong analytical and communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Proficient understanding of medical health insurance billing practices and terminology. High level revenue cycle knowledge. Certificate of Completion for Business Objects Web Intelligence Report Developer required within 12 months. EPIC certification opportunity.