To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible For Quick Registration Processes, Ordering Lab Tests In Lis, Processing, Labeling, And Distributing Specimens To Appropriate Laboratory Sections. Responsible For Orderly Flow Of Patients Through The Outpatient Specimen Collection Facility In The Acc. Answers Calls And Initiates Problem Resolution For Internal/External Clients Regarding All Laboratory Services. Executes Requested Functions In The Callback Module Of The Lis. Monitors Reports That Print On A Designated Printer To Ensure Timely Receipt Of Scheduled And/Or Faxed Patient Reports. Coordinates And Delegates Additional Outreach Service Requests Efficiently.
- 1. Registers All Specimens Received From Outreach Patients In His, Ensuring Appropriate Information Is Completed. Obtains Missing Information By Contacting Physician Office Or Skilled Nursing Facility
- 2. Accurately Requests Laboratory Tests In Computer Using Correct Coding And Generating A Computer Label Containing Patient/Specimen Information.
- 3. Properly Identifies, Labels And Processes Specimens, Creating Specimen Batches As Needed.
- 4. Prioritizes Specimens During Times Of Peak Workload To Ensure Timely Processing.
- 5. Checks Specimen Tracking Board And Shipping Batches. Follows Up On Missing Or Overdue Outreach Specimens.
- 6. Adheres To Safety Procedures For Equipment And Handling Of Hazardous Material.
- 7. Answers All Calls With Exceptional Telephone Etiquette And Initiates Appropriate Actions Utilizing Problem-Solving Skills, To Provide Timely Responses To Inquiries. Maintains A Strong Knowledge Of Departmental Laboratory Services, Testing, And Requirements. Maintains Records And Documentation Of Actions/Resolutions.
- 8. Monitors Failed Fax/Failed Scheduled Report Printer And Addresses Issues In A Timely Manner. This May Include Working With Is Staff To Resolve Software Or Hardware Issues.
- 9. Disseminates Patient Results In The Manner Requested By Each Customer.
- 10. Receives Physician Orders For Laboratory Services Via Telephone/Fax, Completes Requisition Form And Distributes Form For Anticipated Patient Visit.
- 11. Creates/Maintains Manifest And Home Draw Work Orders For Efficient Collection Of Specimens From Home Bound Patients.
- 12. Responds To Requests For Additional And/Or Stat Services And Delegates To The Appropriate Outreach Phlebotomist.
- 13. Dispatches And Prioritizes Courier Services And Client Supply Requests In A Timely Manner.
- 14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Section.
High School Graduate Required. Medical Terminology Preferred.
One To Three Years Experience In A Healthcare Environment Preferred; Experience Working With Internal And External Customers In A Fast Paced Environment Preferred; Keyboarding Skills Required. Familiarity With General Laboratory Procedures (Eg. Centrifugation, Specimen Handling) Is Preferred.
Excellent Communication And Customer Service Skills Required. Appropriate Telephone Etiquette Required.