To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Lab Manager, provides for the accurate and efficient flow of information in the Blood Bank by demonstrating excellent computer, clerical, communication and customer service skills. Compiles all information necessary for the accurate and timely reporting of results and billing. Accurately logs in patient samples and blood product shipments using the Blood Bank computer system. Performs other basic blood bank functions such as plasma thawing and inventory reconciliation.
- 1. Provides for the accurate and efficient flow of information in the Blood Bank by demonstrating computer, communication and documentation skills and a high degree of customer service.
- 2. Provides for the accurate accessioning of blood bank samples.
- 2.1 Receives, sorts and accessions or redirects samples and receives and accessions orders according to Blood Bank policy.
- 3. Assists with the processing of blood product shipments to ensure accurate entry into the computer inventory.
- 3.1 Checks units vs. packing list and brings discrepancies to the attention of a supervisor for follow-up.
- 4. Thaws plasma for transfusion per physician's order.
- 4.1 Performs patient history check and selects FFP of appropriate type.
- 5. Performs additional clerical responsibilities to ensure smooth operations within the Blood Bank.
- 5.1 Sorts and delivers Blood Bank mail as assigned.
High school graduate. Associate degree preferred.
Two (2) to three (3) experience in a clinical laboratory or phlebotomy preferred.
standing 50%, walking 15%, lifting 25 lbs. and the opening and closing of sample carriers up to 2 hours. Working knowledge of computer systems and medical terminology. Typing experience required (20-25 wpm). Excellent customer service skills required to include: communication skills, telephone skills and interpersonal skills. Excellent attention to detail is a must. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and have the ability to prioritize. Flexibility in scheduling will be required.