To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Evaluates, treats, and makes disposition of patients who present to the Emergency Department, utilizing state of the art standards; with additional teaching and administrative duties.
- 1. Evaluates, treats, and makes disposition of patients who present to the Emergency Dept.
- 1.1 Takes appropriate history and performs physical examination relative to patient complaints and accesses patient record if available and appropriate as determined by periodic chart review.
- 2. Prepares appropriate patient records as mandated by JCAHO.
- 2.1 Prepares a patient medical record prior to patient discharge which contains appropriate history and physical findings relative to complaint as determined by chart review.
- 3. Participates in department Quality Assurance program.
- 3.1 Assists in determining what aspects of emergency care need to be reviewd as determined by observation.
- 4. Participates in Hospital medical education program.
- 4.1 Effectively teaches by discussion and example, physicians, medical students, P.A.'sand EMT's assigned to Emergency Department for educational purposes.
- 5. Contributes to the efficient management of the Emergency Dept.
- 5.1 Participates actively by discussion and implementation of programs to improve overall departmental function as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Participates in active continuous medical education.
- 6.1 Acquires at least 50 hours of CME's each year as indicated by review of file.
- 7. Actively participates in prehospital Emergency Medical system.
- 7.1 Gives medical direction appropriately, following established protocols as bserved by supervisor.
Completion of a four-year accredited physician assistant baccalaureate program and a year of, clinical training, State accreditation based on medical education every two years and passing a recertification examination every six years.certifying exam. Continued employment requires 100 hours of continuing medical education every two years and passing a recertification examination every six years.
Previous Emergency Room experience preferred.