To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working under the general direction of the Clinical Information Systems Manager, designs and coordinates the
implementation of computerized systems to meet the clinical and business needs of the Radiological
Physics/Therapy departments across Yale New Haven Health System. Has technical responsibility for all Radiation Therapy clinical systems. Analyzes and resolves user problems and prepares documentation and informational materials for non-technical users. These include but are not limited to scheduling, registration, report processing and distribution, physician interaction, quality assurance, communication protocols, interfaces and database management. Assists and advises management in areas, such as procurement of hardware and software, cost, installation and use, software modification, database development, and user education, training and orientation. Assists in smooth operation of computer systems and applications in remote Radiological Physics /Therapy satellite locations
- 1. Understands the basic principles of the radiation, imaging and radiation therapy as applicable to computer
equipment and information systems in the Department of Therapeutic Radiology and designs and
coordinates the implementation of computerized information systems.
- 1.1 Acts as a team leader in system implementation projects, guiding the efforts of other physics staff,
vendor personnel and departmental end-users.
- 2. Installs and maintains the computer systems in therapeutic radiology.
- 2.1 Is responsible for monitoring system performance and makes adjustments to hardware
and software to ensure that the system operates optimally and in accordance with Hospital standards
- 3. Facilitates training with both video on demand and on-line presentations
- 3.1 Provides an efficient way for physicians, nurses and staff to communicate both during work hours and
- 4. Trains and educates staff in use of computer equipment and liaison with other departments Evaluates requests for systems development and enhancement. Works closely with Radiation Physics/Therapy medical staff and technicians in defining and documenting current and future system needs.
- 4.1 Assists management in establishing and maintaining effective communication with users of Radiation
Physics/Therapy systems, providing assistance and education to users throughout the planning and
- 5. Supports physics staff in QA, measurements and maintenance of department equipment
- 5.1 Assists physics staff in measurements.
- 6. Introduces new clinical developments that use computerized equipment
- 6.1 Designs and tests application enhancements to match user requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology field or equivalent combination of education and
5 years of related experience with a Bachelors degree or 9 years of related experience with an Associates degree
Must have computer skills; Must have the ability to work effectively within a diverse IT organization. Must have
excellent planning, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must show evidence of diplomacy and patience in
working with a wide range of personnel in the hospital environment.